• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Anniversary of the Super Tuesday Tornado Outbreak

blackjack123

I remember three years ago today the anticipated excitement I had when I saw "High Risk" in February. Only one of the two times it has ever happened. I was really excited but I knew it could also turn out to be a very dangerous day for Dixie Alley. There was a part of me that thought it would bust but when it started it went crazy. Worst case scenario seemed that hundreds may have been feared dead from multiple EF3 and EF4 tornadoes. Fortunately this did not happen, but still unfortunately 58 people lost their lives and was the deadliest in over 20 years. One of the tornadoes in Arkansas was on the ground for well over 100 miles and killed 13 people. I think this tornado was rated EF4 but I heard EF5 may have been considered. It will be one of the most prolific outbreaks for years to come.

I remember three years ago today the anticipated excitement I had when I saw "High Risk" in February. Only one of the two times it has ever happened. I was really excited but I knew it could also turn out to be a very dangerous day for Dixie Alley. There was a part of me that thought it would bust but when it started it went crazy. Worst case scenario seemed that hundreds may have been feared dead from multiple EF3 and EF4 tornadoes. Fortunately this did not happen, but still unfortunately 58 people lost their lives and was the deadliest in over 20 years. One of the tornadoes in Arkansas was on the ground for well over 100 miles and killed 13 people. I think this tornado was rated EF4 but I heard EF5 may have been considered. It will be one of the most prolific outbreaks for years to come.

wish we could still view our thread from that

I was under a tornado warning 3 or 4 times that day. An absolutely amazing event. Had a tornado touch down in Western Calloway County then went back up into the air and then touched down again in Eastern Calloway County. I will never forget them saying that if you were on campus, you have a tornado heading straight your way, luckily it went up in the air while it was affecting town. I love snow but I love severe weather as well. Can't wait until April, as I usually get hit by these event unlike snow.

Archived