• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 2011 - NYC area

Mikehobbyst

It looks like the most severe cold in north America for February will be in SE Canada and New England. The Plains will look very cold too. My guess for February is 20 of the 28 days stay below freezing highs in NYC with 38 inches of snow for the month from 3 SWFE overunning and two MECS coastal bombs (just a strong feeling I have). We'll see if I am right in 35 days anyway so evaluate this when it is over. The pattern looks to stay extremely cold in NYC for the next three weeks, with +PNA and -AO and neutral NAO holding on even though the forecast shows some relaxation, I do not see it breaking down completely . Also the Deep PV over eastern Canada should supply a 2-3 week period of Arctic dumps making the next three weeks of 26-34 degree highs on a consistent basis. I see February similar to a blend of 1994, 2000 and 2007. What are your thoughts for February ? Thank you and appreciate.

I had 40 inches last February :whistle:

I think if we had the "perfect" monthly pattern, NYC could get 50" in a month. I look at Baltimore and what they did in Feb 2003 (well over 40") and translate that a bit north, and if everything fell into place, that could happen here one day. Will it happen this year-- probably not.

Archived