• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Quick question about a storm last year...

sn0w

What was the date of the storm last year which had a very unique rain/snow line setup...the line pretty much ran south to north with snow on the west, rain on the east, latitude not really coming into play. I remember getting several inches plus of snow in while most of connecticut received rain only. Thanks if you can help me out.

What was the date of the storm last year which had a very unique rain/snow line setup...the line pretty much ran south to north with snow on the west, rain on the east, latitude not really coming into play. I remember getting several inches plus of snow in while most of connecticut received rain only. Thanks if you can help me out.

it has to be Feb 26-27th or as it is known around these parts the "snowicane"

Woah that's an oddity

i have saved this quote, which is attributed to the buffalo office of nws.

SO EXPECT ONLY A WOBBLE AND LOOP FOR NEXT 24 HRS ACROSS NYC METRO AREA AND WESTERN LONG ISLAND WHILE GRADUALLY WEAKENING. AS FOR SENSIBLE WX...SYSTEM IS COMPLETELY BIZARRE

i have saved this quote, which is attributed to the buffalo office of nws.

SO EXPECT ONLY A WOBBLE AND LOOP FOR NEXT 24 HRS ACROSS NYC METRO AREA AND WESTERN LONG ISLAND WHILE GRADUALLY WEAKENING. AS FOR SENSIBLE WX...SYSTEM IS COMPLETELY BIZARRE

Not that different from the great blizzard of March 1888. I would put this storm up there with the greatest of all time (talking about how unique this storm was, not just accumulations.) It would have had even higher accumulations had it just been a couple degrees colder.

Archived