• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Himalayan Glaciers Not Melting

BethesdaWX

Yes, but to offer and to remind with more perspective, some are growing due to increased precip at high elevations where it's still cold. Warmer air holds more moisture. However the ice mass on average is decreasing in the region.

Yes, but to offer more perspective, some are growing due to increased precip at high elevations where it's still cold. Warmer air holds more moisture. However the ice mass on average is decreasing in the region.

If you had read the thread, you'd know which region I was talking about (should have been in the title that I cannot change for some reason).

In reality, close to one half are shrinking, and the other half either stalling or growing.

More English..... :P

Either way, this study has nothing to do with "AGW" itself. I regret posting it actually.

And I've explained to you, I click "save changes", and nothing happens.

That is because you are not in full editor. If you are in full editor it does not say "save changes" it says "submit modified post."

Go to your original post in the thread. Hit edit. Then hit "Full editor." Then change the title. Then hit "submit modified post."

Would you like me to create a youtube tutorial?

Oh but calling people a COC-sucker and mr. homo is A-OK!

I'm not saying it's OK...you guys are both crazy. I've never seen people get more excited about the generally "yawn" subjects of weather and climate change. Anyone from the normal population would be falling asleep while you and Bethesda duke it out over this garbage. devilsmiley.gif

I'm not saying it's OK...you guys are both crazy. I've never seen people get more excited about the generally "yawn" subjects of weather and climate change. Anyone from the normal population would be falling asleep while you and Bethesda duke it out over this garbage. devilsmiley.gif

I don't get excited about the subject. What gets my goat is being told I am a "Mr. Homo" that I am a 'COC-sucker." When every single post of his he is saying everybody that disagrees with him is "FULL OF BS!!!!!!!!!" and that they are "dip****ting,"everybody, that we are all "stupid." As you can see, he has thoroughly worn out the patience of Rusty, Steve, Stellarfun, Benificii and I, and we have all lost our temper with him more than once. So it is more than a little bit frustrating when somebody who goes around calling everybody else stupid and full of ****, can't even find the "Full Edit" button to fix a disingenuous title which he should never have typed in the first place.

I don't get excited about the subject. What gets my goat is being told I am a "Mr. Homo" that I am a 'COC-sucker." When every single post of his he is saying everybody that disagrees with him is "FULL OF BS!!!!!!!!!" and that they are "dip****ting,"everybody, that we are all "stupid." As you can see, he has thoroughly worn out the patience of Rusty, Steve, Stellarfun, Benificii and I, and we have all lost our temper with him more than once. So it is more than a little bit frustrating when somebody who goes around calling everybody else stupid and full of ****, can't even find the "Full Edit" button to fix a disingenuous title which he should never have typed in the first place.

Ohhh quit whining like a little b*tch :P You've called me all sorts of things.

Its a friggin internet board. If I hurt your feelings, I'm sorry.

• 1 month later...

There's a good discussion of this topic in a recent issue of Science News. Apparently the stable/growing glaciers highlighted are ones that stopped shrinking about 10 years ago. This happened when rocks eroded from above fell on top of the glaciers protecting them from warming temperatures.

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/69058/title/Glaciers_largely_stable_in_one_range_of_Himalayas

On the other hand, soot may act together with warming in the overall Himalayan glacier melt.

Archived