Jump to content

JTrout

Members
  • Posts

    152
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JTrout

  1. My wifes family has a cabin in Wellsboro, right at the start of the canyon in Darling Run(1/2 mile off 6). We usually do one or two trips a year spring and summer.
  2. Last night my 4 yr old daughter woke me up twice, once to pee and once with a nose bleed. I blamed her for being tired this morning. Wife didn't think that was funny. Staying up for the Euro or waking up at 3am to check the 12z runs may have had something to do with it the last 5 days.
  3. How many of your spouses/significant others are mad at you at this point already? I think after 10 years my wife maybe understands 10% of my weather obsession.
  4. All I learned tonight is the banding is going to be intense somewhere in PA. Going to make somebody really happy.
  5. Not sure how you guys feel about the ABC27 mets but they almost have the whole state in 14-20. I feel like they are usually more conservative.
  6. I feel a little better about being in the very northwestern tip of of Lancaster. I still like our spot better then western counties. We will be in the heavy precip one way or the other...thump/sleet/thump would be fine. Still nervous for sure though.
  7. Thanks, my follow up was going to be if someone had a semi educated guess with this storm specifically?
  8. For prospective, obviously a completely different storm, colder, higher ratios etc. I just heard somewhere(maybe posted here) that the Jan 2016 storm produced the 30" at MDT with less then 2" of QPf. Is that true? Anyone really good at remembering ratios from specific storms?
  9. I think I would prefer the risk of the higher qpf shown by the euro and cmc(around the lsv) then the GFS. The risk for sleet is around but the potential for the 18-24" is worth it.
  10. I sell cars at Faulkner Chevy, well aware of customers being unhappy....selling anything mechanical is asking for someone to be unhappy. Especially big ticket repairs.
  11. I definitely understand, their job is public safety in regards to informing people of potential weather. If they didn't post a tornado warning and a tornado occurred killing people, they would get roasted. If it doesn't happen, the worst people do is hide in the basement for a little while. People will grumble either way, have to play it safe. Crippling snow storms are rare, and so fun for us. Makes me nervous in a good way.
  12. I think I would be more comfortable with a 4-8 forecast and get surprised in the 24 hrs leading up to the storm. Rather then NOAA being this bullish. A vast majority are in their safe zone for 12-24 inches. Crazy
  13. I was told I should follow you on twitter, what is your handle? Your friends from the Central PA forum mentioned you. Always looking for good guys to follow. 

  14. My wife just reported it had been snowing at home in Etown for a little while. Rain is getting heavy in Lancaster.
  15. What is his twitter handle? I always like finding good guys to follow.
  16. Horst was never a super frequent poster, but I already miss his weekly/biweekly discussions on the millersville forecast center.
  17. Does anyone have the new Euro maps of the Monday event only ? Wed storm obviously looking good.
  18. Hey y’all, I just wanted to thank you guys for verifying I am not the only completely insane person around. My wife and I were discussing possibly moving. One of my arguments for staying was the fact that we are on a north facing hill. Good for snow preservation and weather viewing.(I got a dirty look but it’s how I feel!) You guys were discussing things like this a couple weeks ago. Things like piling snow up, mowing the grass short etc. I just did my last mow for the big storm(maybe). Another strategy I have for larger snow piles is shoveling instead of using the snow blower. If I must use the blower, keep the shoot down low and never use salt before the storm. This is the view from the top of my property, very NW tip of Lancaster county.(Elizabethtown)
×
×
  • Create New...