Jump to content

Buckeyes_Suck

Members
  • Posts

    2,693
  • Joined

Everything posted by Buckeyes_Suck

  1. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-authorizes-declassification-of-all-russia-collusion-hillary-clinton-email-probe-documents
  2. Cmon man...Cain was in remission with a severely compromised immune and digestive system. He also never got out of the hospital once admitted. cain would just as likely died had he caught the flu...
  3. Eh I think it’s about optics and risk aversion. If he doesn’t go and gets gravely Ill Biden wins in a landslide. He goes, gets the best treatment and is out in 2 days and has more ammo for his position on covid.
  4. My opinion is that it was more precautionary than necessary. We’re talking about the most powerful position in the world. Why risk it.
  5. I don’t think he’s in denial of covid, I think that he just doesn’t consider it to be dangerous enough to shutdown borders and industries. Latest mortality number from CDC puts Covid at .26%, which is statistically no worst than a bad flu. The only reason that total deaths will be higher than the flu in a given year are due to lack of antibodies. As far as climate change goes I wrote a paper in college that basically says that we’re egomaniacs(Americans) if we think we can do enough to influence climate enough to be able to pick and choose where we inhabit this earth. The money and time spent on slowing climate change would be much better spent on relocation and infrastructure improvement. I’m not saying to not make a concerted effort to be green, just that there is no guarantee that our best efforts to slow it will be successful. Furthermore, history has shown us that life on earth thrived under much warmer temperatures than we currently have, and that the ice ages have been evolutionary bottlenecks.
  6. Anyone catch this? https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/09/23/houston-coronavirus-mutations/?arc404=true
  7. If its colleges maybe this means the student loan bubble wont pop.
  8. I get the risk, and my point is that its one that myself and others would be willing to take if it meant helping a cause. I get on my motorcycle everyday knowing the risks, and that's probably way more risky than covid. And like @BuffaloWeather I do take it seriously. There are people in our family that my wife and I dont go near because were constantly exposed to new people because of our jobs. And thats what we should be doing, protecting the vulnerable while allowing the virus to spread among the non vulnerable at a rate the healthcare systems can keep up with. Because if theres never a vaccine we'll be crawling along for the next 133 years to get herd immunity.
  9. I think I could argue the ethical part. Its simply the sacrifice one to save many argument.
  10. I agree but they are taking a much less economically and civil rights damaging approach.
  11. Yea and @BuffaloWeather agreed. Its not a crazy idea. Morbidity rate among the young and healthy is estimated to be less than that of influenza. So build herd immunity to save the truly at risk, the elderly, diabetic, and obese.
  12. What is wrong with you. You're completely off the rails over at ameripol too. Keep that shit over there.
  13. @OSUmetstud This is exactly the case. It HAS to be coded as covid for hospitals to be reimbursed properly.
  14. My argument all along is that the bolded above will happen and that all we're doing is delaying it. Even if a vaccine is developed it will take more than a year to produce enough for just the US population. If the economic slow down continues indefinitely you will start to see economies collapse. If the US economy some how collapsed you're talking mass chaos and war. Look at some of the industries that are operating at losses right now. Our local healthcare system is 80M in the hole even after 60M in federal aid. And next month the airline industry will lay off over 100k employees.
  15. It’s because the rate is so low. That may seem like a lot of people but in a country of 330,000,000 that’s a drop in the bucket. Over 80% of those 200k people are over 65 and 94% of all of them had a comorbidity. IE they were already clinically sick. For comparison over 800k people have died so far this year of heart disease and cancer in the US.
  16. Pretty sure that CDC is simply pulling ICD codes. That modifier(when covid positive) has to be on every chart because of how effects level of care.
  17. That argument is moving the goalposts. The same issue would prevalent for flu related deaths.
  18. Covid is on every death certificate where the patient tested positive because it affects the level of care and how the hospital is paid for the case.
  19. I agree, I think its pretty apparent that Covid is being politicized. Its as divisive a topic as religion.
  20. Still looking. There was a can-am 400 that popped the other day for $500 that needed a new top end but someone beat me to it.
  21. Yea I was in the market for a 4 wheeler, they absolutely exploded in price right after the stimulus checks went out.
  22. Hey...Iron plates and protein have gotten WAY more expensive lol
×
×
  • Create New...