• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Solar input on the way up

Mikehobbyst

The NYC noon sun angle is just about 30 degrees now up from the 26.5 from the Solstice. It will be exactly 40 degree angle in four weeks. Can not wait !!! From observation, the cA airmass will have more radient energy and solar noon input soon so that sustainability of severe cold will start to get a bit shorter and a bit faster at modification. I remember already feeling some decent warmth in the sun with 25 degree surface temperatures the last week of February. Sublimation of snow will exponentially increase going forward and days are growing too. Shadows are already shrinking and it is already very perceptable. The noon lighting will be a world of difference in appearance over the next coming 6-9 weeks. Each weekend now makes notable strides in solar input and radiant conduction heating. Folks must be noticing this, at least this is something that is changing for the better. The pattern may be staying bittery cold and same for 6 more weeks, then do we then switch to blowtorch with no turning back like last year ??

I too am excited, I'm noticing the days getting longer and longer. What's the peak angle? And is the rate consistent?And I really hope we get another Summer like last year's, I know those odds probably aren't too great though. I'm hoping for another above average Summer, not an average one or 2009-esque one (bleh).

Archived