• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Regional model threads...

Confuzzled

Yeah I noticed that too. I wonder if DT leaving has a big influence on the weenie level participation.

It could be. DT had some anger issues but I certainly valued his input and its the analysis by pro Mets that is the cornerstone of this forum. Sure us amatuers could have fun without it but its what made Eastern so good.

Its odd because there is a big storm coming up the coast and the GFS initialized before a 12z thread was made and no one has even really commented on it.

The info is still out there but we have to wade through 35 page long threads in 3-4 different regional sections to find it.

I tried to stay out of the main because I am not a red tagger and it was nice to have a structured and regulated thread solely with "model discussion" and a lot of knowledgeable input. We haven't had that this last week and the weather has been extremely active.

At the same time I think a lot of posters like the more relaxed moderation of the regional model threads. Its a two edged sword I guess... :arrowhead:

It could be. DT had some anger issues but I certainly valued his input and its the analysis by pro Mets that is the cornerstone of this forum. Sure us amatuers could have fun without it but its what made Eastern so good.

Its odd because there is a big storm coming up the coast and the GFS initialized before a 12z thread was made and no one has even really commented on it.

The info is still out there but we have to wade through 35 page long threads in 3-4 different regional sections to find it.

I tried to stay out of the main because I am not a red tagger and it was nice to have a structured and regulated thread solely with "model discussion" and a lot of knowledgeable input. We haven't had that this last week and the weather has been extremely active.

At the same time I think a lot of posters like the more relaxed moderation of the regional model threads. Its a two edged sword I guess... :arrowhead:

I actually don't mind the big model disco thread either. It can get hectic and busy, but that is what made it fun.

I actually don't mind the big model disco thread either. It can get hectic and busy, but that is what made it fun.

the problem with the big model threads...which use to exist at eastern the last several years...was the i-95ers had no patience for analysis or discussion favoring anything outside their backyards. Of all people, you should know this Baro, you got a nice taste of it....and you're a pro-met just trying to do unbiased analysis. Those model forums usually ended in trolling and bickering...lol

the problem with the big model threads...which use to exist at eastern the last several years...was the i-95ers had no patience for analysis or discussion favoring anything outside their backyards. Of all people, you should know this Baro, you got a nice taste of it....and you're a pro-met just trying to do unbiased analysis. Those model forums usually ended in trolling and bickering...lol

This....

Archived