joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Polar ice sheets melting at an accelerating rate

salbers

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunate that Anthony Watts accused Rothera of housings its thermometer on top of the airport control tower roof, when it took me about 5 minutes to find out they use a stevensen screen which appears to be far from any buildings and on a hill (although we can't see what is behind the camera). Given that the thermometer appears to be on a hill, I think it is likely quite removed from the buildings and gravel runway, as they all appear to be low down right on the water.

For all I know the thermometer could be on the roof or side of the control tower. Not unheard of.

Whoops. I suppose it is the airport that has caused all the glaciers and ice shelves on the peninsula to disappear as well.

10002074.jpg

1) The images are not credited to WUWT, they are everywhere. I can find it on google earth and post it, it is not WUWT property. If I had posted Text written By WUWT without linking, that would be plagarism...this isn;t.

2) The two images were taken at different times of the year. The area in winter (water) is always completely frozen over every year during the cold season. One image was also taken with the heavier snowpack, and after a snowfall, one wasn't.

This doesn't change the Fact that UAH is the best measurement system we have for Antarctica (and the globe) and it shows cooling for 30yrs.

Archived