• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Trading the Weather

Using Klade anyone living anywhere in the world can trade weather derivatives and insurance. The process is pretty simple, but it requires that you own Ethereum, which is a cryptocurrency. On the website you can see all the open contracts and you can decide to enter one of those contracts. Or, you can create your own contract with whatever parameters you want (e.g. what location, type of weather, timeframe) and Klade will try and find you a counterparty.

As of right now Klade is in beta but down the line I think they are offering support for weather types including rainfall, snowfall, temperature, and earthquakes (ok not really weather). Also it said they will be offering support for stablecoins, which allows you to not be exposed to cryptocurrency volatility. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,  I have been a commodity analyst and trader for 30 years and being a meteorologist, you can learn a ton about how to trade natural gas, grains, etc. here and there is a FREE 2 weeks Trial period. www.bestweatherinc.com.  However, regarding KLADE.TECH No, never heard of it. I will check it out. I used to trade weather derivatives for years at the CME, but that is now pretty much by the waste side.

Also, you can trade temperatures, rainfall, etc. at this TRADEWEATHER platform . There is not a lot of liquidity yet, but hopefully that market will be growing

Jim