• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WXMal4
    Newest Member
    WXMal4

January 18th Event

the track for this system is so bad for this area that even precip is meager.  i'm actually surprised we were able to get any snow/sleet at all, regardless of how strong the surface high is.  this is a classic freezing rain setup.

I dont think Ava's 2-4 along the MD line is going to work out. 1-2 TOPS. More like 1. There will be many more opportunities to come sooner than later.

6 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Unsurprisingly surface cold hanging on longer than modeled. Most had me above 32 by 1pm. It’s still 26 at 12:15. 

if i was paid to forecast, i'd be pretty concerned about power outages later, at least n/w of the fall line (assuming cad takes longer to erode).  even the 3k has temps near freezing when the next batch arrives.   obviously, won't be a skating rink, but trees/power line impacts...i could see that.

Pixie dust snow for about an hour, now all sleet. 

If we were expecting snow accumulation, this is a bust.

Earlier there were a few minutes of sleet in Richmond, the chunks seemed bigger than I remember, maybe I just haven’t seen sleet in awhile. Has since ended. Back to boring life until summer I guess... Not counting on anything happening this far south in the near future. I would think you all in Northern VA and north may have a chance at something...

Just now, Rhino16 said:

Earlier there were a few minutes of sleet in Richmond, the chunks seemed bigger than I remember, maybe I just haven’t seen sleet in awhile. Has since ended. Back to boring until summer I guess... Not counting on anything happening this far south in the near future. I would think you all in Northern VA and north may have a chance at something...

Nah. Northern MD perhaps.  South wind is howling destroying the CAD