Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2019 Climate Summary for East Nantmeal Twp in Chester County PA

ChescoWx

Happy New Year to all!

Another year in the books - let's see how we did climate wise

• The average temperature for 2019 was 53.6 degrees which was 2.7 degrees above normal - this was the 9th warmest year since 1983 and the 23rd warmest in Chester County history back to 1894. 
  • The warmest temperature was the 92.5 degree high on July 21st - this was 1 of only 2 times this summer we exceeded 90 degrees. We average only 4 such days in a typical summer season
  • The coldest reading was the 4.8 degrees below zero low on January 31st
  • Total precipitation was 55.10" (w.e.) which was 6.44" above our normal of 48.66" this was the 17th wettest year since 1894. Well behind the wettest year set just last year in 2018 when we recorded 79.21"
  • Total snow fall was only 29.8" which was 6.2" below our annual normal snow total of 36.0" (our 63rd lowest total since 1894)

No matter your weather this year I hope you all have a healthy and prosperous 2020!

Paul

12 hours ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

Happy New Year to all!

Another year in the books - let's see how we did climate wise

Paul, I feel like you are the best person to ask. You average 3’ of snow at over 600’ asl. Any idea how locations even higher in the county do? Wondering if places over 900’ like by honey brook and up towards French creek state park average 40 or more. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, J.P. said:

Paul, I feel like you are the best person to ask. You average 3’ of snow at over 600’ asl. Any idea how locations even higher in the county do? Wondering if places over 900’ like by honey brook and up towards French creek state park average 40 or more. 

I would imagine so - I do not have any other long term data sites in the County with higher elevation. But I would expect it to be so - keeping in mind the biggest accumulation differences happen in those marginal events regarding boundary layer temps where even a couple hundred feet can make a difference. So likely most often in November and March/April events etc. Hope this helps!

• Like 1