• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Help! Getting emails for every post RIP INBOX

medville

Hoping to reach a mod. I posted a question on the Irma board yesterday and marked "notify me of replies" in hopes that it would only send me notification of when someone explicitly responded to y post, not 40 emails per minute of every post that happens on the board. I really would like this turned off. I dont want to trash that email account because I still use it for many other things. I deleted the message in hopes that would fix... negative. Prior to delete, I checked the options of the post and saw no option there. Please tell me there is a way to turn that off. I am spending hours of my day deleting emails so that I dont miss something more important.

NOT selecting "notify me of replies" on this.. I learned my lesson.

Thanks!!

6 hours ago, medville said:

Hoping to reach a mod. I posted a question on the Irma board yesterday and marked "notify me of replies" in hopes that it would only send me notification of when someone explicitly responded to y post, not 40 emails per minute of every post that happens on the board. I really would like this turned off. I dont want to trash that email account because I still use it for many other things. I deleted the message in hopes that would fix... negative. Prior to delete, I checked the options of the post and saw no option there. Please tell me there is a way to turn that off. I am spending hours of my day deleting emails so that I dont miss something more important.

NOT selecting "notify me of replies" on this.. I learned my lesson.

Thanks!!

Just for reference, your email client likely has "filters", which are invaluable for things like this.  Check the docs for your email provider.

You would set a filter like, if sender matches [email protected] then send to trash or send to amwx folder.  Saves a ton of time.

21 hours ago, bobbutts said:

Just for reference, your email client likely has "filters", which are invaluable for things like this.  Check the docs for your email provider.

You would set a filter like, if sender matches [email protected] then send to trash or send to amwx folder.  Saves a ton of time.

The follow/unfollow took care of me... thanks on that!! 99% of the time im viewing the board via Safari on iPhone. So it doesnt show the follow/unfollow option on the forum threads. I considered filters to trash but I didnt want to filter out potential future password reset emails and those early winter subscription plans that usually include discounts etc. 

But Im all set. Thanks to all!  Ive had this account since 2012 and I think this is only my 4th post.. .lol... I prefer to read more and post less.

Archived