• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13-14 Storm Observations

The Iceman

My joe public opinion:  I simply didn't understand watching all of the models on Monday afternoon and while I am mentioning the word sleet to my co workers that know I read these sites, here pops up a blizzard warning for my county. (Chester) at 3pm.  The winter storm warning should have stayed and really that's my biggest complaint.

The two best models (GFS-Euro) have been wrong more often than right this winter.  So did the mets actually not believe the short term ones?  Why did they put so much weight of the low's track as these models showed?  This is 6-8 hrs. before the storm got here.  Yes I do understand 50-75 miles east\west makes a difference, which again, brings me back to why the blizzard warning for Chesco?  It was a good they extended them north, but for the dude at WPC to say he didn't want to confuse the public, what a dumb statement, and I'll tell you why:

The weather service issues statements for the public to rely, plan, use as their best guide in regards to weather that will be happening.  When they post a warning that doesn't EVEN come close to verifying than they ARE confusing the public.  OK, joe public rant over.  Watch your blizzard warnings next time guys! 

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived