• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February 2004 Snowstorm

teconnectivity2013

I still remember that February 2004 storm. I was in the 11th grade then and i remember Rock Hill, SC got like 18 inches of snow. So i want to know if anybody remembered how well that storm was forecasted.

My parents live out by RH airport- they got a shade under 24"; it was pretty well forecasted as far as general snowfall. However, the forecast on the ULL was to run across northern NC- trekked across southern NC and northern SC instead, and really bombed. I live on the north side of CLT, and we got 14 or 15", with most of it coming over a 4-5 hour period

I was over in Gastonia at the time. Most of our snow came from the overrunning part of the storm that morning. We were dry slotted for most of that evening.

The overrunning part was still a pretty good snow- around 4-6 in as I remember; I thought it was all done by 1 pm that afternoon, but by 5 pm the sky turned really dark (almost like a summer t-storm), and it really came down hard. Remember watching the ULL on the radar with the heavy banding- it was very compact

Archived