Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
American Weather Conference Questions for members

weatherwiz

Conference Questionnaire   

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have interest in Attending the American Weather Conference ?

• yes
    • no
    • indecisive at this time
  2. 2. If you have interest in attending, would you be willing to pool money towards renting a bus?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

I understand this isn't a thread dealing with weather for this region or as a whole, however, I hope this thread could still stay in this forum as it's better suited to get answers.  While this thread is posted in the New England forum, others members from different regions can certainly chime in as well.  

Anyways, I thought I would start this thread now to perhaps gather some interest in an idea I have.  I think several of us have talked, or maybe joked about renting a bus for the conference.  Perhaps we can make that a reality if we have enough interest.  SNE has always had a decent showing to the conference and since many of us live fairly close in proximity why not pool money together and rent out a bus?  This option could perhaps be much more cost efficient for everyone, perhaps this could help with a higher showing from our region, and lastly, it would be one heck of a ride.  

Anyways, for anyone interested in attending a conference if there indeed is one or anyone who thinks they may have interest in attending, please just take the time to answer the few questions I have posted and also provide any feedback.  

As far as getting this to work, what we could do is have the bus begin with locations to the north and have the bus stop at designated locations to pick folks up.  Obviously the bus can't stop and everyone's house so we could designate a few locations along the way.  

Lastly, if there is serious interest in this, I would be more than willing to do the necessary work, looking into pricing, making phone calls, determining locations for pick up, etc.  We could also always pick folks up close-by as we travel past NYC on south, which is why other members from those regions can certainly chime in as well.  

Archived