• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Radar question?

Jbaker0024

Are there any websites or apps with radar that will show the rainfall for an extended amount of time? Like instead of showing the past 2 hours in 5 frames, one that shows the past 24 hours in 60 for instance? If a page like that even exist. Thanks

Hello and welcome!

You should be able to go to your local NWS office's website and find their radar page.  Once there, they should have the latest and a loop for the storm total precip.  They should also have a current and loop of the 1-hour precip to give you an idea of precip rates in heavy thunderstorms.

Not the greatest resolution, but it's available.

Not sure about free apps...I'm sure there must be some out there.  Just got an Android phone (woo hoo!!!), so hope to get that on it shortly once I figure out how to use the thing!!

Hope this helps.  Have fun here, and don't let the trolls get to ya!  ;)

--Turtle (AKA EVT @ WFO BOX)

Haha thanks. I have an outstanding app that I bought called Radarscope. It's got everything, four different tilts, all kinds of different Radar modes. You name it. However it doesn't have any Radar that shows more than the past two or three hours. There is one option to view the past 20 frames which is great. I'm looking for something that might could show the past 24 hours, if that even exist?

Haha thanks. I have an outstanding app that I bought called Radarscope. It's got everything, four different tilts, all kinds of different Radar modes. You name it. However it doesn't have any Radar that shows more than the past two or three hours. There is one option to view the past 20 frames which is great. I'm looking for something that might could show the past 24 hours, if that even exist?

Go here, click on the "+" nearest you. Once on that page, on the right side below the mini-map, you'll find a radar loop archive for any date. Alternatively, you can go here and get up to the past 12 hours in a loop.

Archived