• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
I made a music video about Ted Fujita

...and here it is! I made this in iMovie from various pieces of footage that I found around the 'net:

(the song is in Japanese; if you want translated lyrics, they can be found here)

I've always found Dr. Fujita's life to be incredibly fascinating, because aside from his best-known research of severe storms, there didn't seem to be a discipline that he didn't dabble in and do some analysis of. Among his first research projects, as a college student, was an analysis of damage from the atomic bombs in Japan. He studied typhoons, mapped caves, set up a solar eclipse observation network, and surveyed several severe thunderstorms and tornadoes before he even came to the U.S. When I was in college, one of my professors gave me a copy of Fujita's paper, "Mystery of El Nino and Hurricanes" (possibly the last paper he ever authored). In addition to exhaustive analysis of the topic at hand, he also included some biograpical info, a very authoritative-looking diagram of his childhood home, and a graph of his daily medical data. The Rule of Fujita: if it existed, Ted Fujita probably found a way to create a visualization of it.

One of the greatest minds of weather research. May he rest in peace.

Archived