• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
continuing ed pricing

Jim Marusak

I have to admit, from time to time, I have thought of taking a course or two to round out my meteorological studies. but then i look at the possible costs in credit hours and such, and cringe (as mets in general just don't maks as much as other professions outside of major tv markets or major people in startups).

just was taking with one of the mets in here in a different place, and he was saying that for a basic tropical course (the dynamics and such), it's about 1k online at miss st.

so just as a bit of a question from people who have done them. anyone know how much a meteorologist would pay in general these days for say a tropical dynamics course, or micro-scale meteorology, etc at different schools (penn state, miss st, and others that do in-school and on-line coursework)?

i mentioned tropical and micro because i didn't get a chance to take those when i went to school at penn state, but could apply to things like NWP, climatology, etc, depending on what you'd like to fill things in with.

Archived