• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Archived Model Data for March 4-6 2001?

Heisy

I'm looking for Model images,data, case study links for the infamous March 4-6 2001. I would love to see images of the MRF/ETA model runs 72-96 hours out. That was 1 year before I knew how to look at models myself. If anyone has any person saved model images, case study links, etc. I'd GREATLY appreciate it! I'm 26 now, but it still feels like yesterday going to the school library during lunch to check wright-weather.com for 12z EURO updates from Ji & Noreaster LOL.... Man I was in a weenie depression for weeks after that.

The hype behind this storm was unlike any other. That FRIDAY March 2nd before the storm I remember I got home from school, put on The Weather Channel. The National Weather Service put out a Winter Storm Watch and I'll never forget seeing "Ultimate accumulations of 1-2 feet" put in their AFD.. That night Paul Kocin came on 1-2 times an hour to show his potential snow forecast map. This is an actual recording of one of these below. The person who uploaded this video made a joke about it, but it still pains me to watch this.

That night the models, I believe (I could only know based on the discussions on the bb) still showed a mammoth storm. It was Saturday Night that they all backed off. Though I believe some of the other models on 12z Saturday started showing the farther North scenario. I kind of recall the Canadian always wanted to show rain & north.

Archived