• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Went to a new track yesterday

DaculaWeather

A new road race track (Atlanta Motorsports Park) has just opened near Dawsonville Georgia and I had a chance to go autocross on part of it yesterday. Love the elevation changes. The track and grounds are still under construction but it's really going to be nice when completed.

Here are three video's out of the six I got yesterday. My first run was a little TOO fast and I got off! :whistle: Hey, that's what Jeeps are for!

My 5th and 6th runs were within a few tenths of a second of each other but the 6th was the fastest. The camera seems to take of of the "steepness" of this hill we start on. I was the starter for the first group and my water bottle would fall over unless I propped it up.

Run 5

Run 6

Run 1

Looks like fun! Pads need some back grease :) That looks to be a very nice track! Beats the runs they used to do around Lenox Sq. back in the 70's. They'd shut down the parking lot and run around the outside, down the hill, by Davisons. One guy put his Jag off the road, down the slope, and into the trees..... up past the top of the hill, where it bends back to the left.... and they quit having them :) T

Looks like fun! Pads need some back grease :) That looks to be a very nice track! Beats the runs they used to do around Lenox Sq. back in the 70's. They'd shut down the parking lot and run around the outside, down the hill, by Davisons. One guy put his Jag off the road, down the slope, and into the trees..... up past the top of the hill, where it bends back to the left.... and they quit having them :) T

We had a Mustang go into the guardrail AFTER the finish.

Archived