• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Anomalous propagation near Tullytown, Bucks County

Thunder Road

I've noticed it several days since I've been home. The next frame after this the storm rain resets to 0, so I assume the Mt. Holly folks are aware of it but it looks like they're still manually filtering it out, since it's currently increasing again, up to 0.17" as of the 20:15 scan.

That's a sparsely populated industrial area, mostly quarries, lakes, and landfills. Did someone put a wind farm in or something?

post-1820-0-52560200-1325794891.png

I've noticed it several days since I've been home. The next frame after this the storm rain resets to 0, so I assume the Mt. Holly folks are aware of it but it looks like they're still manually filtering it out, since it's currently increasing again, up to 0.17" as of the 20:15 scan.

That's a sparsely populated industrial area, mostly quarries, lakes, and landfills. Did someone put a wind farm in or something?

post-1820-0-52560200-1325794891.png

No windfarm located there, although Gamesa manufactures their nacelles at their facility at the old Fairless Works right there. Perhaps they installed a single turbine there, but I am quite certain they have not. Possibly associated with the landfill itself? Funny thing is I just noticed how large that landfill is today. Looks like a mountain from Oxford Valley area.

I dont think a Single Wind Turbine would cause that much of a bad return on the radar unless its massively high as we all know the radar as it sweeps around it has to go higher the further out from the Radar center itself so it must not be a wind turbine. I know in my other Hobby of DX'ing that a Wind Turbine would screw up VHF for sure causing ghosting or also now with the Digital Transmission of Signal that in VHF signal format would cause multipath or also cause loss of signal or cause pix-elation in the picture and sound but it would take more then one Wind Turbine to cause it for sure unless your really close. Maybe some sort of Power plant in the area go into Solar Farm or something?

I dont think a Single Wind Turbine would cause that much of a bad return on the radar unless its massively high as we all know the radar as it sweeps around it has to go higher the further out from the Radar center itself so it must not be a wind turbine. I know in my other Hobby of DX'ing that a Wind Turbine would screw up VHF for sure causing ghosting or also now with the Digital Transmission of Signal that in VHF signal format would cause multipath or also cause loss of signal or cause pix-elation in the picture and sound but it would take more then one Wind Turbine to cause it for sure unless your really close. Maybe some sort of Power plant in the area go into Solar Farm or something?

I know there were plans to install a solar facility there at the landfill. not sure if that ever happened or could cause what you are seeing

Archived