• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Coldest Storm of the Year So Far

BlizzardWx

I see nobody has started a thread on this yet and I haven't really looked to see its impacts east of my area but at least from my area and west it looks like the most significant cold event of the season so far. Lowland snow is possible in Seattle and Portland although any effect looks to be minor. For Utah it looks like a classic case with strong frontogenesis and cold advection as the front plows through. Should see heavy snow for a few hours behind the front for a solid 2-4 incher in most spots with lake effect after that for Salt Lake. If the colder solutions are right high temperatures could struggle to reach freezing Saturday and lows could be very cold that night, maybe down to 15 or so. I will post updates from my area as it approaches, thoughts anybody?

18z is very impressive for my area. It drops a 3-5 incher in here Friday night into Saturday. Plus highs on saturday with -3 850mb temps would probably be in the upper 20s. If it cleared out that night lows might be near 10 the next morning. I don't think it will be quite this extreme but its nice to know its in the range of possibilites. Most likely it will be a little more moderate/less moist. Although model trends for this event have been different than with the other storms this year. Normally the GFS has been less agressive and ended up being correct. This time its the most agressive so we will see.

Doesn't seem to be any interest in this for any of you but talking to myself is fine too.

This is from the NWS this morning. Personally I think this is way overblown but who knows.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: MOST LOCATIONS WILL SEE 4 T0 8 INCHES OF

SNOWFALL...WITH HEAVIER TOTALS EXPECTED ON THE BENCHES...WASATCH

MOUNTAIN VALLEYS AND ALONG INTERSTATE 15 ACROSS WEST CENTRAL

UTAH NEAR FILLMORE. SPOTTY HEAVIER TOTALS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE FROM

OGDEN SOUTH TO THE SALT LAKE VALLEY DUE TO ADDITIONAL LAKE

EFFECT SNOW.

Doesn't seem to be any interest in this for any of you but talking to myself is fine too.

This is from the NWS this morning. Personally I think this is way overblown but who knows.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: MOST LOCATIONS WILL SEE 4 T0 8 INCHES OF

SNOWFALL...WITH HEAVIER TOTALS EXPECTED ON THE BENCHES...WASATCH

MOUNTAIN VALLEYS AND ALONG INTERSTATE 15 ACROSS WEST CENTRAL

UTAH NEAR FILLMORE. SPOTTY HEAVIER TOTALS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE FROM

OGDEN SOUTH TO THE SALT LAKE VALLEY DUE TO ADDITIONAL LAKE

EFFECT SNOW.

SOrry I am interested just been busy lately. We already have a storm thread for this started by Prinsburgwx that covers the plains too.

Archived