• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
climate help question need data Atlanta snow

Promet

I have a list from NWSFO and from SERC center and have some conflicting snowfall totals. If anyone has a reliable list they could post or link it could be useful. Ice data even harder to find.

For example I have 2008 listed as 1.4 or 4.2 inches of snow at Hartsfield, 2000 as 3 inches or 0, 1996 as 1.6 or 1.3, 1999 as 0 or .02 etc.

Thank you.

I have a list from NWSFO and from SERC center and have some conflicting snowfall totals. If anyone has a reliable list they could post or link it could be useful. Ice data even harder to find.

For example I have 2008 listed as 1.4 or 4.2 inches of snow at Hartsfield, 2000 as 3 inches or 0, 1996 as 1.6 or 1.3, 1999 as 0 or .02 etc.

Thank you.

For KATL, I have 0.2" in 1996, no snow in 1999 and 2000, and 1.4" in 2008. There is no one link of which I'm aware for KATL snowfall. You have to dig for it from multiple sources. I think the University of Utah provides good snow data if you put in the inputs needed to generate the info. It takes some work but you have no choice:

http://climate.usurf.usu.edu/products/data.php

Getting definitive ice data is probably close to impossible.

For KATL, I have 0.2" in 1996, no snow in 1999 and 2000, and 1.4" in 2008. There is no one link of which I'm aware for KATL snowfall. You have to dig for it from multiple sources. I think the University of Utah provides good snow data if you put in the inputs needed to generate the info. It takes some work but you have no choice:

http://climate.usurf...oducts/data.php

Getting definitive ice data is probably close to impossible.

Thanks!

Thanks!

I must have been half asleep when I wrote that email. Actually, I literally just woke up from an apparently much needed nap lol. I was wrong on three of the four. I apologize for my carelessness. Here are the supposedly correct ones, but you should use Utah to verify my numbers:

1996: 3.3"

1999: 0.4"

2000: 3.0"

2008: 1.4"

Archived