• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Observations/Highlights/Events

Chambana

Well with summer 2011 coming to an end, although the temps outside say otherwise :devilsmiley:, i wanted to bring up some observations, key points to the tropical season, earthquakes etc.. and where that could us later in the seasons.

First and foremost, i would just like to point out i'm in no way shape or form a meteorologist, i follow weather mainly for a hobby. Their has been so much wacky weather going on this summer, it's hard to figure out a starting point.

-The nation espicially the southwest/texas..has been roasting in triple digit readings for what 4-5 weeks now? correct me if im wrong but i think houston had an average temp of 100 degrees for august?

- the extremely dry conditions that continue to persist in those areas, as well as central illinois/indiana/missouri/parts of iowa. (champaign urbana has recorded 7.5 inches of rain the past 3 months, placing them in an almost severe drought)

-september starting off with triple digit readings, record breaking in some spots.

- Flooding of the northeast, and perhaps new orleans is in for it? Last i heard 10-15 inches of rain.

-The earthquake in virginia, while it was not significant, the fact it happened most definately was. 7.1 magnitude earthquake in alaska today as well.

-the historical outbreak of severe weather in april.

- the possibility of an indian summer playing out, don't know how legit that is, but i have heard that tossed around.

- a VERY active tropical season, more than it has been the past couple years, as far as impacting the united states anyway.

what's in store for this winter? Will this be the year mother nature show's us what she's made of? Or will this be the year with no winter?

Archived