Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Back on line

NorthShoreWx

Welcome back, Ed! :)

I'll try to give you a short summary.

7 foot surge at Long Beach (life guard tower destroyed)..... 10.5 feet on the CT coast. Two F0 tornadoes, one in Suffolk (75 mph) one in Queens (85 mph) and a microburst in Suffolk (90 mph).... dozens of trees down from the tornadoes and microburst, our second largest power outage on record.... Central Park gusted to 60 mph, LGA to 67 mph.... a few over 70.... 5-10 inches of rain regionwide to give us the new all time monthly record at most recording sites. Battery Park had its sixth all time highest surge, just an inch or so behind December 1992. A few towns on the south shore, lower manhattan, huntington, etc were under water (4 feet at Bellmore, Long Beach, Island Park, Huntington, etc-- check out the pics thread.). Eye of the storm passed over Coney Island and Central Park recorded a min pressure of 28.54"

NJ is experiencing Floyd-type floods with many towns completely underwater-- a new all time record flood stage of 30 feet at Bound Brook; that town plus Paterson, Little Falls, Denville, etc., are under water with over 500 homes almost up to their roof tops in flood waters with more evacuations underway (1,700 evacuated just yesterday!) This flooding isn't supposed to recede until Friday.

The tornadoe scared the shot out of me went right over head that burst of energy at 3:58 a.m took out 2 trees in a second thanks to a met on board who gave us the incoming i was kinda of waiting whiteout experinced the same blast.People in my neighnborhood have no clue how lucky they were they said what twister LOL shook my head and don't worry about it see ya.

The tornadoe scared the shot out of me went right over head that burst of energy at 3:58 a.m took out 2 trees in a second  thanks to a met on board who gave us the incoming i was kinda of waiting whiteout experinced the same blast.People in my neighnborhood have no clue how lucky they were they said what twister LOL shook my head and don't worry about it  see ya.

I was stopped at a red light waitint to make a left turn onto Francis lewis Blvd when it hit,it rocked my truck something fierce.I made the turn and came upon the uprooted trees in the street.Had I been 45 seconds earlier,I could have had the trees come down on the car.

Archived