• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Severe flooding situation in Minot, ND

mike2010

Regarding a tornado hitting the Minot area.....you must be thinking about another area.... Minot hasnt been hit with any TOR's (even very weak ones) in quite some time. Are you thinking of Northwood, ND which had an EF-4 a few years ago?

My wife is from Minot and has family there. Must realize that the hills or bluffs which got not flooding covers about 60 or 70 pct of the town whereas the river valley is the other 30 percent. But similar to Grand Forks....those not affected by actual flood is affected by other means such as lack of good drinking water, etc. Sad situation all away around. I know of very few people in Minot which would have flood insurance. After the 69 flood there was permanent flood protection in place. But its flood protection was based on dams upstream into southern Saskatchewan holding some of the water back. Almost a years worth of rain fell in the Estevan area and the Souris basin headwaters from April to mid June....just no way to stop it. Either have dams fail or have a controlled flood.

Dan

Yeah it probably was. Not sure why I thought it was Minot though.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived