• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Sc Weather

coldlover

Hey im new here with a question.Does anyone think Sc will ever have a true cold winter again?I dont mean dec,jan,and early feb but add in all feb and most of mar?It used to be cold right thru a good portion of mar and even late nov but been years since that happened.So anyone ever see it being a long true winter here again?

Hey im new here with a question.Does anyone think Sc will ever have a true cold winter again?I dont mean dec,jan,and early feb but add in all feb and most of mar?It used to be cold right thru a good portion of mar and even late nov but been years since that happened.So anyone ever see it being a long true winter here again?

Where do you live in South Carolina? That could give us a much better clue as to whats expected during those months on the edge of winter.

Im in Conway South Carolina.

Ahh ok. Anyways I think its not really a great idea to compare this past winter to the great winters of the past. This year as soon as we entered February we had a major pattern shift that kept the southeast pretty warm for most of the Month. By the time march starts for your area, the bulk of Winter is pretty much done. Sure there have been some significant snowstorms in March (1980, 1983) along with cold conditions, but those tend to be fewer and farther between in this region. In fact its much more likely spring blooms in the lowlands of SC by March than it is to be experiencing the cold conditions you typically see in December and January. It is just that this past year it was an exaggerated shift and happened about a month early.

Thank u Phil882 thats exactly what i was asking.I know we dont get dec and jan temps in mar but i guess what i was asking is we should still get more cold some in mar and not just flip over to spring too early.Thanks for answering my question.

Thank u Phil882 thats exactly what i was asking.I know we dont get dec and jan temps in mar but i guess what i was asking is we should still get more cold some in mar and not just flip over to spring too early.Thanks for answering my question.

Welcome to the board. Nice to see someone else from the Pee Dee/Grand Strand area.

Archived