• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NWS Wants Your Feedback

Howdy folks. I'm not really a regular around here, but I wanted to share two major NWS feedback events that are going on:

NWS Customer Satisfaction Survey

Some WFOs have posted this to their home page. I saw it was shared in the Southeast forum, but thought to include it in this post as well. The survey takes about 20 minutes and covers a wide, wide range of issues. Share with your friends! The more feedback NWS gets, the better!

NWS Dissemination Re-architecture

This is a big one, and something that hasn't gotten much feedback thus far. There was a PNS sent out on May 31 that read, in part:

As a current NWS data user, NWS is requesting
       your comments as we develop a new service delivery architecture designed to
       meet your needs. Our primary goal is to fulfill our mission to ensure the
       protection of life, property and the enhancement of the national economy. NWS
       seeks to improve how we do this by disseminating the necessary data using
       strategies and methods that make use of new and emerging technology. Users of
       NWS dissemination services are the most important group affected by this
       process and we want you to be involved.

NWS infrastructure includes all
 	dissemination media we currently support, such as the NWS Telecommunications
 	Gateway, All Hazards NOAA Weather Radio, NOAA Weather Wire, Family of Services,
 	NOAAPORT, Emergency Managers Weather Information Network system, NWSChat, iNWS, Facebook, as well as all web-based, email, and
 	telephone services. 

What's cool about this is that they are using Ideascale, which is like digg/reddit in that you can up-vote or down-vote ideas. Registration is easy and all users are kept anonymous. The site will be open through July 31, 2011.

Archived