• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
MCS for parts of New England late Tuesday night

wxeyeNH

Its sunset and looking at the last visable sat. pictures this evening looks like quite a bit of convection entering SW Quebec province. Much of it is a bit too far north for US radar to pick it up but the trajectory seems to bring it down into New England late tonight if it holds together. BOX in their discussion mentioned a possible MCS but said it was unlikely. Thoughts from you guys?

Started this new thread since this topic doesn't really fit into the heat wave thread or severe weather thread for Thur/Friday

From where the storms are now in Cheboygan, MI to NH is approximately 750 miles. Doing the math, if the storms travel 60 MPH and continue on the path, they won't get here for another 13 hours. That'd probably put the storms arriving around 8-10 am tomorrow. I don't think its much to watch for tonight. Maybe tomorrow morning I can get drenched on the way to work.

Not to be a wise guy, but just saying

I'm interested in Wednesday evening with the temperatures forecasted to go above 100 in some locations from 18z models now, if we can get some high dews and that warm front, it won't be hard to pop severe storms with some of those soundings from 18z.

BDL had an LI of -9.2 and Lapse of 7.5 on 18z NAM!

Archived