• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Serene Lakes (Soda Springs) California

So me and my family want to take a trip here next winter... supposedly right now theres 215 inches of snow on the ground. I hearde theyve gotten over 12 feet of snow in the past month and 600 inches for the season. The elevation is around 7000 feet. Does anyone know what time of the year is the best time to go if i want to catch a nice snowstorm there (at least 3 to 4 feet) next winter. Im hearing end of November and December are prime. Well likley be ski renting a house for a month in serene lakes and I would really just like to know some more about their weather. Thanks to anyone who responds!

Historically, the biggest Sierra snowstorms tend to occur in January through March with the snowpack reaching its maximum depth in April. November and December CAN get some big storms but they can also get Pineapples plus the period from around Christmas into mid January is often Ridge City.

Steve

thanks steve. cant wait to see 50 inches plus of snow on the ground. most snow i ever saw was christmas 2001 There was about 83 inches of snow here in Buffalo,ny. i was only 7 so my memories are sorta vauge but im hoping i can see more then that when i go. hoping to experience some 100 mph gust too. I experienced a 91 mph gust along the lakeshore just south of buffalo during a january windstorm a few years back that had a 84 or 87 mph gust at the buf airport. again thanks!

thanks steve. cant wait to see 50 inches plus of snow on the ground. most snow i ever saw was christmas 2001 There was about 83 inches of snow here in Buffalo,ny. i was only 7 so my memories are sorta vauge but im hoping i can see more then that when i go. hoping to experience some 100 mph gust too. I experienced a 91 mph gust along the lakeshore just south of buffalo during a january windstorm a few years back that had a 84 or 87 mph gust at the buf airport. again thanks!

Sugar Bowl Ski Area is near there, near Norden CA. Maybe they would tell you. If you were on the eastern slope of the Sierra, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power could tell you. I don't think they get anything from the west slope. The owner of Mammoth Mountain Ski Area on the eastern slope was a hydrologist for L.A.D.W.P. and he did snowpack evaluations and opened the ski area there for the abundance of snow.

Archived