Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tornado Alley

Science Kid

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone was interested in the new IMAX Film Tornado Alley which is being shown at Liberty Science Center, Liberty State Park, Jersey City, NJ.

Here's a short description about the movie:

Hold onto your seats for Tornado Alley, a film starring the Sean Casey from Discovery Channel’s Storm Chasers and the VORTEX2 weather research team. They’ll take you straight into the heart of a monster tornado, one of the world’s most elusive and destructive weather phenomena. You’ll be blown away by the dramatic story and outstanding images of massive storms. Data gathered by storm chasers and scientists help us better understand and predict tornadoes, helping to save countless lives and property. Tornado Alley is a co-production of Giant Screen Films and Graphic Films, in collaboration with the Giant Dome Theater Consortium. Major funding was provided by the National Science Foundation.

I saw it with another RU Met student at the premiere two weekends ago.

How did you like it? Would you recommend it to your friends and/or family members to watch it? I’m thinking about going myself to watch it seems very interesting.

It was really cool. I think the tickets are a bit expensive and it obviously isn't a full length film (maybe 45-50 minutes?) but it featured some cool footage I'd never seen actually from inside the tornado and it was pretty intense and awesome to see in that huge IMAX dome. I'd say it is worth it.

I was lucky enough to go during the debut when they had the TIV and DOW there for you to go inside and meet the people from the film and everything. I was lucky enough to get a (very terrible) photo with Sean Casey with the TIV. :)

188645_10150114516659200_506164199_6596746_460127_n.jpg

It was really cool. I think the tickets are a bit expensive and it obviously isn't a full length film (maybe 45-50 minutes?) but it featured some cool footage I'd never seen actually from inside the tornado and it was pretty intense and awesome to see in that huge IMAX dome. I'd say it is worth it.

I was lucky enough to go during the debut when they had the TIV and DOW there for you to go inside and meet the people from the film and everything. I was lucky enough to get a (very terrible) photo with Sean Casey with the TIV. :)

Wow, that sounds really cool; too bad I couldn't go with you! I'll have to go see it sometime. IMAX films are always great, so one on tornadoes has to be a must-see.

Archived