• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
A/V Livestreaming

Kevin Druff

I've been fooling around a bit with Ustream and Bambuser (seems to be down at the moment) for Android.. Very simple way to broadcast a video feed from an android phone with these. Ustream also works with iphone, not sure about bambuser

Yep. You can use UStream to handle the web broadcast. There are lots of other options. Where my experience comes in is helping folks incorporate charts, maps, forum posts, etc. into a seamless and good looking hole. Distributed web broadcasting is in its infancy and weather is one of those things where graphics help.

Yep. You can use UStream to handle the web broadcast. There are lots of other options. Where my experience comes in is helping folks incorporate charts, maps, forum posts, etc. into a seamless and good looking hole. Distributed web broadcasting is in its infancy and weather is one of those things where graphics help.

Are you offering free and/or paid service? Got any samples or a website?

Are you offering free and/or paid service? Got any samples or a website?

Oh, depends on how much time we're talking. I'm not offering 80 hours a week volunteer time, but I'm more than happy to point folks in the right direction and answer questions, help get things started, etc. I'm as big a weather nerd as most around here.

Samples: sure, check out any of the live broadcasts we run at http://stocktwits.tv

We use influxis for our live broadcasts which isn't great or cheap. There are other ways to do the broadcasting, any Flash streaming service would work, BitGravity, Ustream, Livestream, etc. What you choose would depend on what you wanted to do. You could even think about approaching weather related organizations (stations, etc.) for advertising to cover some of the cost. Lots of places you could go with it.

Archived