• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historical CPC Long Range Forecasts

VPguy

If you search long enough on their site the data will present itself. I've seen this a few times in the past, but don't know the address off hand. Just that it's out there.

The CPC's long range accuracy is barely above 50/50. Some private companies/forecasters perform much better. So it's probably smart not to put too much stock in their long range products. It will almost always show "equal chances" anyway.

If you search long enough on their site the data will present itself. I've seen this a few times in the past, but don't know the address off hand. Just that it's out there.

The CPC's long range accuracy is barely above 50/50. Some private companies/forecasters perform much better. So it's probably smart not to put too much stock in their long range products. It will almost always show "equal chances" anyway.

How in the world do you score "equal chances?"

• 3 weeks later...

I actually found a site with all the 0.5 month lead temperature and precip forecasts at CPC....and man do they bury that deep in there. Of course the one month I am specifically looking for is DECEMBER 2010 and wouldn't you know it that one month is missing. Awful forecast if memory serves me correctly so that's a good one to lose. I was just hoping that someone else had downloaded it when it first came out.

Archived