• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
What's up with the CPC NAO data?

What I usually do is keep track off all the monthly global indices in a notebook and in an excel spreadsheet, this way it's all in one organized format that is easily accessible. I was just working to update my notebook and spreadsheet for data from the last two months and I get to the CPC's version of the NAO...

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/data/correlation/nao.data

I notice that all the numbers from 1950-present are ENTIRELY different from what they were the last time I visited this site just a few months ago...pretty much every single monthly number is completely different.

Am I missing something here? Did the CPC start using a different method and as a result it changed alot of the results from the past?

Glad to see this is clarified...sucks though my notebook is outdated though...spent an entire month writing down data for over 30 global indices...I guess the spreadsheet way is better though.

Although this does confuse me though, if doing this changes past data than does that affect any research done at all on past years and such...or does the change only really affect the actual number and really won't affect the phase...if this sounds confusing it's b/c I'm confused :lol:

Archived