• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
So-and-so said XX inches for MBY

stockmanjr

John Elliot on CBS 2 just said 4-6'' for the city for the entire event for whatever it's worth..

I was very disappointed with the local weathermen on CBS, NBC, and ABC this morning. Not a single met emphasized the very real possibility of a significant icing event for large portions of the forecast area. All you heard was basically "A couple inches of snow, then some sleet, and eventually just plain rain." That might be the forecast for *some* portion of the forecast area, but it ill-prepares anyone west of the Hudson and north of I-78 for the potential (likely?) scenarios involving significant icing.

Guest Patrick

Thought it would be good to start this before the storm threads fill up with "Janice Huff said...," "Bill Evans said.." etc.

I was very disappointed with the local weathermen on CBS, NBC, and ABC this morning. Not a single met emphasized the very real possibility of a significant icing event for large portions of the forecast area. All you heard was basically "A couple inches of snow, then some sleet, and eventually just plain rain." That might be the forecast for *some* portion of the forecast area, but it ill-prepares anyone west of the Hudson and north of I-78 for the potential (likely?) scenarios involving significant icing.

Interior CT. as well.

This from WTNH:

**ANOTHER INCREDIBLY ACTIVE WEATHER WEEK WITH SCHOOL ISSUES LIKELY WITH SNOW TUE. AND A SEVERE ICESTORM POSSIBLE FOR MUCH OF CT WED.!**

Let them read this link-- it will wake them up to the seriousness of this storm

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/phi/briefing/packages/current_briefing.pdf

Archived