Jump to content

JTA66

Members
  • Posts

    5,107
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JTA66

  1. Haha...yeah! I should know better. I really don't mean to be pessimistic, most are targeting mid to late Jan before we see improvements. It just seems we've been here these last few winters -- chasing epic patterns in the LR that fail to materialize. Hopefully the "were due index" pays off this year.
  2. Pick up .60" so far. Patiently waiting for the greatest winter since 1996/snowmageddon/last ice age to get under way, 44F.
  3. Yep...34F and rain. Happy New Year everyone!!
  4. Who knows how any of this will play out and what effect it will have on the sensible weather in our backyards. All I know is the last couple of winters, I was already looking for the towel in early Jan. Give me a month of winter from Jan 15 to Feb 15 and I'll be a happy weenie.
  5. Heard the winds kick up before sunrise but couldn’t be bothered to get out of bed and look. A dusting here too, 34F.
  6. Getting some light snow here. That plus the small mound (about the size of a football) at the base of the driveway = white Christmas in my book.
  7. 62F at midnight, now down to 37F. 2.02" so far. Didn't have cable or interwebs this morning. Merry Christmas, everyone!
  8. 1.85” so far. Just drove back from Quakertown, it was quite the ride. My creek is out of it’s banks...yay 2020!
  9. I couldn't live somewhere where there wasn't a change of seasons. Especially fall, it's my favorite and I'd miss the change of leaves and that first crisp air mass that says summer is over. Plus I'd hate to have to do yardwork 12 months a year. It's nice putting the mower away in Oct. I hope to do what Snowwors2 is doing and move north to a more winter-friendly climate once I retire. But hey, we all have our own preferences so I hope you become a full-time snowbird someday!
  10. 14F this morning. 12z NAM still shows snow showers tomorrow. Nothing much but nice seeing flakes this time of year.
  11. Yeah, cold chasing precip rarely works in these part. But maybe we'll get a Festivus miracle this year.
  12. They sure do cover all their bases -- "perhaps some sun, with snow possible". Well, they do say there's a 0% probability of thunderstorms...going out on quite a limb there. I'll go with the usual KA Christmas forecast: partly sunny, 50's.
  13. I just realized why I feel confident of a MECS on Wed... I'm dropping the cat off to be neutered at 7am and taking my mom to the cardiologist at 11am. So yeah, one the the few days I have to get in the car since March.
  14. If I recall correctly, there was a storm mid Dec 95 where we were forecasted to get 12”+. It turned into a huge sleet storm instead. Curious how similar this set up is.
  15. And we have the "We're Due Index" in our corner.
  16. 12z NAM at range, so use with caution -- still looks good with rain changing to snow on Monday.
  17. My inner weenie is saying, "the models like to sniff out the big dogs early." My Debbie Downer is saying, "11 more chances for Dr. No to change his opinion." At least there's something to track. We haven't been able to say that for a few years.
  18. Yup, nothing like being in the bull's eye 6 days out.
  19. I think you're making excuses to not get started on the snow pile.
  20. Hope he has enough weenies to go around. 32F, snizzle
  21. Heavy dusting on all non-paved surfaces. Wasn't expecting much more than a snow shower, so this was a pleasant surprise. If nothing else, we're on the board for 2020-21!
  22. Yeah, precip seems to be hitting a wall as it moves east. It will probably warm up enough to be rain by the time it gets here. The HRRR still shows snow showers...but it's the HRRR. 35F/DP24
×
×
  • Create New...