• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
I wrote an article about a snowstorm, a wave, and a picture

Hey everyone!  I'm really proud of this and wanted to share it with you all as members across this forum have been instrumental in the growth of my passion for, and knowledge of, weather. 

I wrote an article for TheInertia.com about a picture I took following the January 29th, 2022 snowstorm that hit our region.  For many in PA, this wasn't a very great event, maybe 4-6 inches, but for those along the central shores of New Jersey, it was a different story.  Thanks to some of the reports on this site, I made the call to drive down to LBI for sunrise and captured a bunch of really great shots of the snow along with the remaining swell in the water.  I submitted some of the shots from this prolific morning of photography to theinertia.com's annual surf photo contest.  They reached out to me on instagram and asked me to send a few sentences over about a particular shot.  Since "I have an unhealthy obsession with snow and waves", I sent them over 1,500 words.

Click here to read the article: All-Time: 'How I Captured This Freeze Frame of a Frozen A-Frame

Below is a satellite image from the day I took the picture, displaying the cold offshore flow and clear conditions following the system.  

RXMJVWZOURFPLFLSSXDR523VK4.jpg&w=1200

• Thanks 1