• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Live radar site?

somnomania

So I'm here on behalf of my dad, who isn't technologically inclined at ALL. One of his primary day to day complaints is that it's very difficult to find a radar when he wants one on TV, including on the Weather Channel. He ends up coming to me or my mom so we can look online. I have a potato-quality tablet that isn't good for much, and I'd like to set it up in his room and just have it show a radar at all times without having to be refreshed, but so far I haven't found a site that auto-refreshes with current info like that. Wunderground is the primary site I use, and while the weather station data has a radar, it's too small, and the Wundermap doesn't update itself. Anyone know of a site that might help me?

I'd never actually looked into the radar on that site, so thank you. But it doesn't look like it auto-refreshes or keeps settings re: whether the radar is shown on the map or not. Maybe if I made a macro that would refresh every few minutes and then auto-click in the spot where the radar button is, it might work.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's a site I use often after doing a search back in 2019 for an alternative to National Weather Services site, and Accuweather's site:Ventusky wind rain and temperature 

It's based in Czechoslovakia.

The only thing I don't like about it is they are using the "fuzzy" colorations of radar precipitation, kinda like looking at an impressionist's painting.  Sadly, most weather apps I searched for back at that same time period to put on my smartphone had this type of "interactive" radar.  I guess they're all buying their radar software from the same place. ^_^