• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
FM RADIO FORECASTING OPPORTUNITIES

Jim Vaughn

Hey all. My name is Jim Vaughn. I am a meteorologist and the owner of NowCast Weather Services, the fastest growing radio weather network in America. We supply on air forecasts to 45 FM radio stations across the country and can be heard across portions of 31 states, 4 Canadian provinces, and northwest Mexico. More than 14 million people a day can hear a NowCast weather forecast. We have 17 forecasters on staff but we need more help. Are you dependable? Can you create your own forecasts? Do you have a quality microphone? That is all you need to join us. This opportunity is perfect for Meteorology students or for forecasters both amature and professional looking for new places to apply their trade. You will gain real world experience forecasting for different regions coast to coast, nationwide exposure, and a serious resume pad. The only drawback? The pay sucks. Many of these stations are non-profit stations that pay us only a small monthly fee which we pass on to the forecasters. But the experience and resume pad more than makes up for it. We would love to have you join us. If you are interested reply here or email me at [email protected]. This is a REAL offer. Visit our website at www.nowcastweather.com 

map.jpg.7b75aaca6573ca264e3908305cf4da0a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'd certainly be interested in more info about doing this. I've been looking for opportunities to apply my degree and my house that I bought last summer has a recording room with sound/vocal booth (previous owner was a musician).  Just would need to get a microphone but I would have a great setup to do something like this. 

F31EA2EB-BB7C-4EFA-BEDF-37A483F3EB99.thumb.jpeg.a623f20e751d297922060986d9e70949.jpeg

Nice set up. You can spend more than $300 of real nice mic set up but if you wish the spend less than that you can buy Blue Snowball Ice mic for around $50. It has great sound quality for the price. If you want to spend a little more you can buy the Blue Yeti. An outstanding mic for under $130. If you have any questions and want to know more about forecasting opportunities on radio stations across the country email me at [email protected]

Archived