• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Bufkit problems

Ever since downloading the new bufkit release (Bufkit 17) I've had nothing but problems.  Is anyone else having issues?  This is really beginning to upset me.  

I never really used bufget before so I used to get profiles the more time consuming way.  I use the PSU bufkit model site.  I hover over the location I want to view bufkit data for, then I right click, hit save as and save it in the data folder then bufget would open, I would click bufkit and go to the location, click on it and boom...I have the data for whatever run I saved.  Well that doesn't seem to work now...when I do this process and open the download link when I save the profile, the location opens up in bufkit but if I click another location and go back to the one I saved its not current and its some old data.  

I know bufget is easier so I just tried inputting the link for NAM data for WTBY (Waterbury, CT) using the following line:

ftp://ftp.meteo.psu.edu/pub/bufkit/NAM/nam_wtby.buf

I click get profiles, everything runs correctly and when I click bufkit and then click on WTBY its not current data 

SO FRUSTRATING 

I definitely get your frustration with the new version of BUFKIT as I had major problems and frustrations of my own trying to start it (Run Time error). 

Anyways, from the little amount I've played with BUFKIT today, it looks like everything is integrated right into BUFKIT and that if you run the BUFGET scripts, you have to do it right in the program by clicking "Get Data".  Also, all BUFKIT profile files are now saved in this directory - C:\Users\Public\Bufkit\Data\ .  So, I guess if you go to the PSU site and save it, save it to that directory.  To validate that this is indeed the directory to use, just click "Set Up" and it should tell you which directory the profile files are in.  

11 hours ago, crownweather said:

I definitely get your frustration with the new version of BUFKIT as I had major problems and frustrations of my own trying to start it (Run Time error). 

Anyways, from the little amount I've played with BUFKIT today, it looks like everything is integrated right into BUFKIT and that if you run the BUFGET scripts, you have to do it right in the program by clicking "Get Data".  Also, all BUFKIT profile files are now saved in this directory - C:\Users\Public\Bufkit\Data\ .  So, I guess if you go to the PSU site and save it, save it to that directory.  To validate that this is indeed the directory to use, just click "Set Up" and it should tell you which directory the profile files are in.  

I'm fairly certain that's where my stuff does save.  A poster here showed me what seems to be similar steps you mentioned.  Later today once I have some time now that I got two tests out of the way I can play with it again.  Thank you for the input!

Archived