• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Weather Station that won't cause interference?

Jtm12180

Hello.  In the past, I had a small wireless thermometer that would cause our home alarm to give false calls to the alarm company.  It was the strangest thing, as it would happen numerous times, and I could never figure out what was going on.  Finally our alarm company came out, and luckily the technician had seen this problem before with somebody else, and was able to diagnose the issue for me.  Once I turned off the thermometer, it's never happened since (3+ years ago).  

My question is, I'd like to get a good weather station (wireless) for personal use at home.  I'd like one with a good anemometer.  Can anyone recommend a good weather station that wouldn't cause that interference?  I've noticed that a lot of them run on 433mhz, which is the main reason I need some advice...because unfortunately that's what our home alarm runs on as well :-/

Thank you in advance!

• 1 month later...

I have just bought a new weather station Acurite 01036 Pro, it's a wireless device. It works brilliantly and shows the accurate weather report. Few day's ago I bit little confused about how to choose the right one device. One of my best friends suggests a website link, that gives me lots of confidence to buying this device. If you want you can check the link:https://thehumannest.com/best-weather-station-reviews/

• 4 weeks later...

I like the Davis Vantage Pro2 and I've never noticed any interference issues.  It also has the best anemometer setup in my opinion since it's separate from the thermo-hygrometer, which is great for siting each of them properly.  According to WXobservation, both the Pro2 and Davis' lower cost Vantage Vue transmit at just over 900mhz so you should be good around your home alarm.  

Unfortunately for you, it looks like the AcuRite 5-in-1 weather stations transmit at 433mhz.

Hope this helps!

• 4 weeks later...

What kind of money are you prepared to spend? There is a big difference in accuracy and durability between the more expensive weather stations (Davis Vantage Vue/Pro2) and the cheaper ones that are made in China.

If you're happy to spend $300+ look at the Pro2 and Vue from Davis they are the best you can get for home use. They will both work at 900MHz
If you don't want to spend that much, your next best option would be the Ambient Weather WS-2902 which transmits at 915MHz. It's an all-in-one package that offers all of the standard instruments plus UV and solar radiation. It retails for $129 and you won't have to purchase any extra software/equipment to get connected to Weather Underground. You can find some more models on this website https://www.weatherstationadvisor.com/ they have comparisons/reviews for weather stations in all different price ranges.

• 5 months later...

I also had the same problem last year. A technician asked me to spend 1000$ on the new home weather station device. After that i check online and found a website http://www.myweatheranalyser.net Where i have check Acurite 02007 Digital Weather station at just $250-300 with reliable reviews so i bought it. Now i am happy with its performance and working very well even after 1 year. So if anyone want to buy it then you can also go through this site. Apart from that you can also find another sites as well where you can find more suitable devices for you. 

Archived