• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Messenger and Notifications Do Not Always Work (Past 2 Days)

pcbjr

The Messenger "envelope" and Notifications "bell" sometimes will not open; just a spinning gear. I can open through my user name drop-down, however.

This happens on Firefox, Safari and Chrome. I've cleaned cache and deleted cookies, and also restarted - all no help. I know of at least one other user that has experienced this problem.

Is it on your end? Or if on mine, any idea how to fix? this just started yesterday, and is intermittent (in other words, sometimes the Messenger "envelope" and Notifications "bell" work as they are supposed to).

Thanks!

More info:

This problem persists on another computer 25 miles away from the one that initially displayed the hangup.

I have also noticed that the Messenger "envelope" and Notifications "bell" work as they are supposed to on individual forum pages, but not on the main page of the forum, nor on the main page of the SE forum thread (I have not checked other regional forum main pages).

Logging out and logging back in does not fix the issue, nor does quitting out of Notifications and then reactivating.

There appears to be a malfunction on your end (?).

Archived