• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Just a matter of time.

CoastalWx

My bad then.  I will say that I don't think it's very productive or useful to talk about the media, but I didn't give this thread a thorough read either.  They sensationalize everything.  If they can make it about global warming, then they will, so that is not surprising.  It's not because they are a "liberal media" with an "agenda", it's because they are evil and don't care about anything but ratings.  Introducing media madness into what ought be a more scientific discussion blurs the lines between science and entertainment and results in people who have dedicated their lives to understanding AGW being called "alarmists", etc.

But just as there really are "denialists" out there, there definitely are alarmists as well. Should scientists trying to raise awareness for AGW issues be automatically labeled alarmists? Of course not. But there are some that presume catastrophic climate change, in my opinion without enough evidence, and some of those do earn the title of alarmist.

There are extremists on both ends of the spectrum, regardless of the role the media plays.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived