• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1st week of August

Sunny and Warm

Don't see any medium/long term discussion in this subforum, but what are the prospects in PA in early August??  It seems like it's been a  rainy summer up there and average temp-wise given the latest heat wave.  I recall Tony's (Rainshadow) historical post from maybe May where he postulated that summer was likely to start cool and warm into August relative to average.  Is that still holding?  What do the the crystal balls say??

Don't see any medium/long term discussion in this subforum, but what are the prospects in PA in early August??  It seems like it's been a  rainy summer up there and average temp-wise given the latest heat wave.  I recall Tony's (Rainshadow) historical post from maybe May where he postulated that summer was likely to start cool and warm into August relative to average.  Is that still holding?  What do the the crystal balls say??

From the guidace i have seen the cfs and weeklies form the euro they indicated a normal to below normal august. Now that may be skewed again with high min temps but average to below avg high temps.

Yeah CPC has us outlooked for cooler than normal for August.  Hopefully July was the hottest month (relative to normal) again. I havent looked at much beyond day 7 lately (maybe that's a good thing).

Thanks guys.

At least you're getting some golf in Tony.  Too humid to golf in the afternoons here.  A "good" day is when the DP gets into the mid 70's.  August DP's in the mornings normally do not drop below 78/79.  Often in the low 80's.  Ah well, we get the other 9 months. 

Seems the mean trough never left the east coast this summer.  I wonder if it sticks around through hurricane season and shunts storms OTS.  Been a rainy summer indeed.

Tropical activity, anyone? On the New England subforum folks are discussing a meteorologist who is almost certain that New England will get hit by at least one hurricane this season. Chances are any hurricane that hits New England will impact the weather in greater Philadelphia (hopefully hitting during an Eagles home game--go Giants!).

Tropical activity, anyone? On the New England subforum folks are discussing a meteorologist who is almost certain that New England will get hit by at least one hurricane this season. Chances are any hurricane that hits New England will impact the weather in greater Philadelphia (hopefully hitting during an Eagles home game--go Giants!).

Years with patterns like this (very rainy June) typically yield an East Coast threat of some sort...whether it rides up the coast or goes inland is still TBD.

We've had Isabel, Ernesto, 1938...those are the benchmarks of what past years *can* produce...all really depends on what the mid level pattern is in concert with any particular Cape Verde system in September plus other ancillary factors.

Archived