• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Any way to contact a NWS office?

I live in Bennington, VT and we get our NWS forecasts from ALY. For some reason they are consistently underforecasting low temperatures on cold nights, and I wanted to point this out to them in case they weren't aware, and ask if there's a problem of some sort. (For example, last night they forecasted 25F and it was actually 17F. Accuweather had 19F.)

I can't find any way of contacing them though. I figure someone here knows?

Thanks.

I live in Bennington, VT and we get our NWS forecasts from ALY. For some reason they are consistently underforecasting low temperatures on cold nights, and I wanted to point this out to them in case they weren't aware, and ask if there's a problem of some sort. (For example, last night they forecasted 25F and it was actually 17F. Accuweather had 19F.)

I can't find any way of contacing them though. I figure someone here knows?

Thanks.

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/stormready/stormmaps/vt-cwa.htm

So it turns out that the issue isn't with the NWS at all. Weather Underground switched to some new system that apparently sucks.

Just wanted to point out that the NWS is hereby exonerated. smile.png

Probably the same computer forecast from TWC since Comcast/NBC/TWC/WSI/WeatherCentral/Weatherunderground are all the same company now. Yes, it does suck and sadly the "human generated" NWS forecast is dumped from another medium.

So it turns out that the issue isn't with the NWS at all. Weather Underground switched to some new system that apparently sucks.

Just wanted to point out that the NWS is hereby exonerated. smile.png

You can switch between the Wunderground BestForecast and NWS at the upper left of the forecast page to compare the two. I think BestForecast is automated.

Archived