• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Looking for a new weather station.

Disc

I've had bad luck with the past two weather stations I've purchased and finally decided to upgrade to something of good quality that's worth the money. I've been looking at the Davis Vantage Vue model for $395.00 as it seems to be a good value and it also gives a wide range of weather data. I also like the fact that it updates every 2.5 seconds as opposed to the one I have now that updates every 20-30 seconds. Any other weather stations out there that you've come across, own, or recommend? I'm also interested in getting it so it uploads data to the Internet to a site such as Wunderground or another website that offers weather stations to be put online. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I've had bad luck with the past two weather stations I've purchased and finally decided to upgrade to something of good quality that's worth the money. I've been looking at the Davis Vantage Vue model for $395.00 as it seems to be a good value and it also gives a wide range of weather data. I also like the fact that it updates every 2.5 seconds as opposed to the one I have now that updates every 20-30 seconds. Any other weather stations out there that you've come across, own, or recommend? I'm also interested in getting it so it uploads data to the Internet to a site such as Wunderground or another website that offers weather stations to be put online. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Just be aware that the conpact design of the Vue has pluses and minuses. While it makes installation easy, it also limits exposure for best data. Wind data is best obtained at 10 meters (33 feet) in an area with no obstructions (higher in your average neighborhood). Rain and temperature data, on the other hand, is best gathered much closer to the ground... ~1.5 meters (~4-5 feet).

Just be aware that the conpact design of the Vue has pluses and minuses. While it makes installation easy, it also limits exposure for best data. Wind data is best obtained at 10 meters (33 feet) in an area with no obstructions (higher in your average neighborhood). Rain and temperature data, on the other hand, is best gathered much closer to the ground... ~1.5 meters (~4-5 feet).

Thanks. I'll be sure to keep that in mind as I continue searching.

I've been the owner of a Vantage Vue PWS for about two years now. Even though I'm not a professional meteorologist (yet) I am happy with the data it collects and how accurate it is with the current mounting I have for it. Just to clarify though, not everything updates every 2.5s. I'd have to double check the manual but I believe wind data is recorded every 2.5s, temp/dews/RH/etc is about every minute.

I also upload all this data with WUHU to various sites about every 6 minutes. Overall, for the price, it's a great product that I enjoy.

I've been the owner of a Vantage Vue PWS for about two years now. Even though I'm not a professional meteorologist (yet) I am happy with the data it collects and how accurate it is with the current mounting I have for it. Just to clarify though, not everything updates every 2.5s. I'd have to double check the manual but I believe wind data is recorded every 2.5s, temp/dews/RH/etc is about every minute.

I also upload all this data with WUHU to various sites about every 6 minutes. Overall, for the price, it's a great product that I enjoy.

2.5 seconds for the wind is great and would be very useful! A minute for everything would be just fine as well. Thanks for the comment. I still will probably do the Vantage Vue. (Too bad I didn't have it for the recent derecho!)

Archived