• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Book - Weather Studies - With Investment Manual 2011-2012 - Good?

monadnocks

Hi folks!

My son is taking an intro met course at college. The first book listed, USA Today Weather Book, doesn't make me feel like the course going to be too great. The second one, Weather Studies - with Investigations Manual 2011-2012 offers more hope. Is it good? And more practically, is there a place to get a discounted book?

Thanks!

- monadnocks

Mods: If this is in the wrong forum, please move!

I have not heard of either of those books. However, I can help answer where to find the discounted versions. You can purchase used books on many online retailers such as Barnes and Noble or Amazon. I'm not sure how strict your son's college classes are, but I know when I worked at my college bookstore it was very important that you have the right edition. This is for a couple of reasons: 1. You want your text to match the rest of the classes so if you're assigned to read certain pages, you're reading the same pages as everyone else. 2. If your college bookstore buys back books it has to be the same edition that the professor requested. If not you may not receive the same amount of money back as everyone else who sells the same book.

Hope this helps some!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks fsu_wxgirl! Since it's a book that's issued annually, I'd hope that he'd get the correct edition. :) He's going to wait until classes start though to see if it's actually going to used. Last year some pricey books were never used in for courses.

Archived