• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Tropical storm Alberto

Well do not think anyone expected to be saying we now have a tropical storm down south Today. If you remember the GFS had a tropical system for many runs in the long range coming out of the southern gulf region and then up the coast. as of right now per NHC atseren portions of our area are in the cone of uncertainty effects at this point would be minimal as it stays east but looks like we will see a lot of showers this week and even a few thunderstorms from this and a front. So I decided to started this thread for discussion on the storm and any changes the models may make with new observational data showing a tropical storm.

204914W5_NL_sm.gif

Per 12z GFS moisture from Alberto and the front get stuck here all week mid week on per GFS through Saturday looks like stalled to slow moving showers and heavy thunderstorms will be the case. I assume if they set up in the same places daily by the end of the week flash flooding prone creeks and streams will be in fair game for flash flooding. At the moment it is too soon top say weather or not any days will feature severe storms would assume it would be last minute and for now general moisture loaded popup and scattered variety.

Oh your imagination is playing with you. No way will there be a tropical storm forming according to some posters in the past couple of weeks. Why worry about flooding- it is just not in the picture for us.

I am sorry, just kidding- there is a concern for flooding and rightfully so. Others on this board last week dismissed this idea of even a tropical storm forming. Just because the models depict it, you should not dismissed the idea no matter how outrageous it seems. Snowtober storm was a good example. Eleven runs of the same storm showing up in the same general area means something is eventually going to happen, Sometimes history plays a part in weather patterns and those who tend to ignore tendencies even if it stares them right in the face are the ones who get burned. :facepalm::P

To be honest, Alberto's moisture isn't the culprit for our weather...the brother system to its northeast retrograded and has been impacting us instead. There are two completely different systems out there...both "birthed" off of the cold front that crossed the region last Wednesday.

To be honest, Alberto's moisture isn't the culprit for our weather...the brother system to its northeast retrograded and has been impacting us instead. There are two completely different systems out there...both "birthed" off of the cold front that crossed the region last Wednesday.

Yup. Alberto hasn't affected anyone. The parent upper low is doing all the work on the East Coast.

Yup. Alberto hasn't affected anyone. The parent upper low is doing all the work on the East Coast.

not exactly true about Alberto, slthough the parent low did the larger job up north. Parts of coastal SC and GA received a couple hours of rain from Alberto directly Sunday morning and afternoon as it moved S & W to near 80 miles off the coast. I should know because I got soaked.

not exactly true about Alberto, slthough the parent low did the larger job up north. Parts of coastal SC and GA received a couple hours of rain from Alberto directly Sunday morning and afternoon as it moved S & W to near 80 miles off the coast. I should know because I got soaked.

Yeah, good point, you're right. I'd forgot about that.

Archived