• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
What's the Weather Where You are?

terpguy

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Thursday, September 1, 2016

•  

Thursday, the first day of September, was a mostly cloudy day, cooler, still humid, with light showers in the mid-morning and heavier showers in the later stages of the evening prior to obs. It was my first rain since August 21. The cold front moved in slowly, and has been struggling to pass through the region. Temperatures dropped through the 70s to around 70° in the mid AM when we had the light showers then rose slowly to just above 80° by mid-late afternoon. The dew point temperature hung in the upper mid-60s to the low 70s all day. Temperatures early this Friday morning around 3:15 AM are in the low 60s while dew point temperatures are currently around 60° under clearing skies. Minimum temperatures should stay steady in the low 60s till sunrise in a few hours with the dew point temperature holding around 60° to possibly the upper 50s. Cooling off over the weekend with uncertain conditions, depending on the track of Hurricane Hermine (probably will be a tropical storm by the time it gets up into our latitude) Temps should be around 80° on Friday under mostly sunny skies, the calm before the storm so to speak. Lows in the mid 60s on Friday night and becoming cloudy. Right now the official forecast is for mostly cloudy, highs in the mid 70s and a 40 POP for rain both on Saturday and Sunday, with lows in the low 60s on Saturday and Sunday night, and a 40 POP for rain on Saturday night. A change in the forecast track for tropical system Hermine keeps causing changes in the forecast for Saturday and Sunday every time a new forecast model run comes out. So please pay close attention to the updates on the track forecast in the next few days. A warm up on Labor Day and thereafter should take place under mostly sunny skies, temps in the low 80s on Monday, mid 80s on Tuesday, with highs in the low 90s by Thursday, lows mostly in the 60s.

The weather underground link to my station data is:
http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=K...
My CWOP link (CWOP ID DW4566 - one web address to see my real-time data there is:
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=DW4566&last=24&...)
My data can also be found at: http://www.weatherlink.com/user/walrusman

Thursday precipitation: 0.32" (LR) 0.24" (VP2) 1.29" Max rain rate (MRR) @ 2208
August total precpitation: 2.97"
September total precpitation: 0.32"
2016 YTD precipitation: 31.54"

Other data for Thursday as follows:
High temp 80.6° (1641)
Low temp 69.5° (2234)
Obs temp 69.5°
Peak wind gust 8 N (1440)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 96% (1017) to a low of 71% (1716)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 72° to 67°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.03" (2356) to 29.86" (0508)

At midnight obs - PCldy, temperature 69.5°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.03" and rising, relative humidity 96%, dew point of 68°.

Current observations at 0329 EDT - Clear, temperature 61.9° (RS - 66.6°), winds calm, barometric pressure at 30.04" and steady, relative humidity 93%, dew point 60°.

Radar is showing our light showers from earlier have just about dried up, but the faint remnants can be found in far southern VA. Much more serious rain is coming up from Hermine well to the south, falling over South Carolina, northern FL, coastal GA, and southern sections of North Carolina at this time, heading northward. 

Sunrise: 0639 (EDT) Sunset 1939 (EDT) Moonphase: New Moon

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Friday morning.

Views: 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Friday, September 2, 2016

•  

Friday started out really nice, clear, drier and cooler with temps around 60° and dew points in the upper 50s. As the day progressed, high clouds started to stream in from the south, as Hermine slowly progressed NE from Florida and Georgia. Temperatures only rose into the mid 70s, with dew points in the low 60s. Tonight it has been cloudy and remaining cool. Temperatures early this Saturday morning around 3:15 AM are in the mid 60s while dew point temperatures are currently around 60° under cloudy skies. Minimum temperatures should stay steady in the low 60s till sunrise in a few hours with the dew point temperature holding around 60°. Right now the official forecast is for mostly cloudy, highs in the mid 70s both Saturday and Sunday and a 30 POP for rain on Saturday and a 40 POP for Sunday, with lows in the low 60s on Saturday and Sunday night under possibly tropical storm conditions. There is a tropical storm warning out for St Marys County MD, the most southerly county on the western shore of Maryland, along with the counties on the Eastern Shore closer to the Atlantic Ocean and the track of the storm. A change in the forecast track for tropical system Hermine keeps causing changes in the forecast for the Labor Day weekend just about every time a new forecast model run comes out. There is considerable thought being put on the storm stalling out in the Atlantic or even backing up and heading west on Sunday and/or Monday. So please pay close attention to the updates on the track forecast in the next few days. A warm up on Labor Day is possible with highs in the low 80s, and thereafter significant warming should take place under mostly sunny skies with mid 80s on Tuesday and highs in the low 90s on Wednesday and especially Thursday with lows mostly in the 60s.

My CWOP link (CWOP ID DW4566 - one web address to see my real-time data there is:

Friday precipitation: 0

Other data for Friday as follows:
High temp 77.3° (1641)
Low temp 60.3° (0544)
Obs temp 66.0°
Peak wind gust 11 NNE (0941)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 96% (0000) to a low of 52% (1545)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 69° to 57°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.15" (1107) to 30.03" (0000)

At midnight obs - Cloudy, temperature 66.0°, Winds 1 NE, Pressure at 30.13" and rising, relative humidity 80%, dew point of 60°.

Current observations at 0352 EDT - Cloudy, temperature 64.2° (RS - 68.9°), winds 1 NE, barometric pressure at 30.10" and falling, relative humidity 88%, dew point 61°.

Radar is showing the circulation from Hermine down off the North Carolina coast, with the spiral bands making their way into southern St Marys County Maryland and much of VA and into southern DE and the MD beaches as it moves NE. Most of the strongest radar returns still appear to be out in the ocean off the VA/NC coast. 

Sunrise: 0640 (EDT) Sunset 1937 (EDT) Moonphase: New Moon

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Saturday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Saturday, September 3, 2016

•  

Saturday was the day for Tropical Storm Hermine to pay us a visit here, but it was rather inconsequential as far as high winds or heavy rain goes. We in fact got no rain and only a peak wind gust of 18 MPH during the day. We did have variable clouds of many different types during the day, and the sky at times was quite interesting and beautiful and we had spectacular sunsets in the region. The clouds and light NE winds kept temperatures to only rise into the upper 70s, with dew points mostly in the low 60s. Tonight it is still variably cloudy and remaining cool. Temperatures early this Sunday morning around 4 AM are in the low-mid 60s while dew point temperatures are currently around 60° under cloudy skies. Minimum temperatures should stay steady in the low 60s till sunrise in a few hours with the dew point temperature holding around 60°. Sunday should be partly to mostly cloudy, highs in the upper 70s with a slight chance (20 POP) for rain both during the afternoon and evening with lows in the low 60s. Breezy at times through Monday. There still is discussion about the storm stalling out in the Atlantic or even backing up and heading west on Monday or even later in the week. So please still pay close attention to the updates on the track forecast in the next few days. A warm up during the week is in the cards, with highs in the low 80s on Monday, upper 80s on Tuesday, around 90° on Wednesday and the low 90s on both Thursday and Friday lows mostly in the 60s early/midweek to around 70° later in the week.

Saturday precipitation: 0

Other data for Saturday as follows:
High temp 78.8° (1651)
Low temp 63.7° (0744)
Obs temp 66.8°
Peak wind gust 18 NE (1125)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 88% (0309) to a low of 54% (1639)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 64° to 59°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.19" (2339) to 30.08" (0536)

At midnight obs - Cloudy, temperature 66.8°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.18" and rising, relative humidity 81%, dew point of 61°.

Current observations at 0423 EDT - Cloudy, temperature 63.0° (RS - 67.3°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 30.22" and steady, relative humidity 89%, dew point 60°.

Radar is showing scattered light rain showers in the VA/MD/DE region, but not showing the circulation around Hermine now, as it is too far offshore. 

Sunrise: 0641 (EDT) Sunset 1936 (EDT) Moonphase: Waxing Crescent

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Sunday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Sunday, September 4, 2016

•  

Sunday was sort of a recovery day from yesterday - I say sort of because there really wasn't much to recover from as Tropical Storm Hermine's effects here at my location were very minimal. Today was partly cloudy but with more sun than on Saturday,and a bit warmer, but still dry and quite comfortable, with less breezes blowing about. Temperatures reached to about 80° on Sunday with dew points mostly around the 60° mark. Tonight it is still variably cloudy and remaining cool. Temperatures early this Monday morning around 3:30 AM are in the around 60° while dew point temperatures are currently in the upper 50s under partly cloudy skies. Minimum temperatures should drop into the upper 50s by sunrise in a few hours with the dew point temperature dropping into the mid 50s. A warm up during the week should start on Labor Day Monday, under mostly sunny skies, with highs in the mid 80s on Monday, upper 80s on Tuesday, low 90s on Wednesday and the mid 90s on Thursday then slipping down a tad to the low 90s on both Friday and Saturday with lows in the 60s through Tuesday then in the low-mid 70s the rest of the week. So one more heat wave to endure in the near future and with no rain from Hermine, we are remaining dry through the beginning of the new month.

Sunday precipitation: 0
August total precipitation: 2.97"
September total precipitation: 0.32"

Other data for Sunday as follows:
High temp 79.6° (1625)
Low temp 61.0° (0658)
Obs temp 63.0°
Peak wind gust 11 NNW (1210)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 93% (0720) to a low of 47% (1445)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 61° to 54°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.28" (1010) to 30.18" (0000)

At midnight obs - PCloudy, temperature 63.0°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.26" and steady, relative humidity 89%, dew point of 60°.

Current observations at 0346 EDT - PCloudy, temperature 59.7° (RS - 63.0°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 30.25" and steady, relative humidity 93%, dew point 58°.

Radar is showing an area of rain out in the North Atlantic south of Massachusetts associated with Tropical Storm Hermine still spinning out there. It is hundreds of miles offshore. There are showers also over northern Wisconsin falling right now. 

Sunrise: 0642 (EDT) Sunset 1934 (EDT) Moonphase: Waxing Crescent

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Labor Day Monday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Labor Day Monday, September 5, 2016

•  

Labor Day Monday was the start of a long dry streak, and an increasingly hotter set of days to boot. Hermine is history now as far as my immediate area is concerned and we unfortunately did not receive any needed rain from it. It looks like we will have a long streak of days without rain ahead. . Today was mostly sunny and warmer, but still dry and relatively comfortable. After a low temperature of 58° in the early AM, which was my first sub 60° reading since June 30, the temperatures reached the mid 80s with dew points in the mid 50s early to the mid 60s later on in the day/evening. The sky is clear with temperatures early this Tuesday morning around 3:00 AM in the mid 60s while dew point temperatures in the lower 60s. Minimum temperatures should drop into the lower 60s by sunrise in a few hours with the dew point temperature holding around 60°. A significant warm up the rest of the week should start on Tuesday under mostly sunny skies, with highs in the upper 80s and lows in the upper 60s on Tuesday, around 90° on Wednesday, the low 90s on Thursday and Friday then mid 90s on Saturday then finally sliding down mid 80s on Sunday with lows in the low-mid 70s through Friday, then 60s for lows over the weekend. So we have a heat wave to endure this coming week with no rain in sight to start the beginning of the new month very dry.

Monday precipitation: 0

Other data for Monday as follows:
High temp 84.2° (1631)
Low temp 57.7° (0707)
Obs temp 67.2°
Peak wind gust 11 SW (1255)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 96% (0825) to a low of 50% (1526)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 67° to 56°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.29" (0951) to 30.11" (1942)

At midnight obs - Clear, temperature 67.2°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.11" and steady, relative humidity 85%, dew point of 63°.

Current observations at 0324 EDT - Clear, temperature 64.2° (RS - 66.9°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 30.10" and steady, relative humidity 89%, dew point 61°.

Radar is showing areas of rain well offshore in the Atlantic from Tropical Storm Hermine. Also there are areas of showers and thundershowers that can be found over Lake Superior and the associated areas of the UP of MI, northern WI, and NE MN at this time. 

Sunrise: 0643 (EDT) Sunset 1932 (EDT) Moonphase: Waxing Crescent

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Tuesday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Tuesday, September 6, 2016

•  

Tuesday really got us started into a September heat wave, with our first of probably many 90° max days this September. Hermine may be history now as far as the immediate area is concerned but it is still hanging around the mid-Atlantic Coast with heavy surf, fresh breezes and occasional showers. We unfortunately did not receive any needed rain from it. Today was mostly sunny and warmer, hot actually, especially for early September, but there will be hotter days ahead unfortunately. After a low temperature in the low 60s in the early AM, the temperatures reached the 90° mark by mid-afternoon with dew points rising into the mid 60s later on in the day as well. The sky is partly cloudy with temperatures early this Tuesday morning around 3:30 AM in the mid 60s with dew point temperatures in the lower mid 60s. Minimum temperatures should stay in the mid 60s till sunrise in a few hours with the dew point temperature in the low-mid 60s. Wednesday should be partly cloudy both by day and night, highs in the upper 80s and lows in the low 70s, with a 40 POP for showers/storms at times. Thereafter a significant warm up should start on Thursday under mostly sunny skies, with highs in the low 90s on Thursday through Saturday with lows in the low-mid 70s through Friday night, then low-mid 80s for highs and low-mid 60s for lows from Sunday through Tuesday (at least). On Saturday night it will be partly to mostly cloudy with lows in the upper 60s and a 30 POP for showers/storms as a cold front struggles to pass through our area.

Tuesday precipitation: 0

Other data for Tuesday as follows:
High temp 90.2° (1616)
Low temp 62.1° (0655)
Obs temp 72.5°
Peak wind gust 16 SW (1725)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 94% (0801) to a low of 41% (1622)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 67° to 60°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.14" (0821) to 30.01" (1845)

At midnight obs - Partly cloudy, temperature 72.5°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.06" and steady, relative humidity 78%, dew point of 65°.

Current observations at 0343 EDT - PCldy, temperature 67.1° (RS - 68.9°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 30.05" and steady, relative humidity 90%, dew point 64°.

Radar is still showing small areas of showers offshore in the mid-Atlantic from what is left of Tropical Storm Hermine. Also there are areas of showers and thundershowers over much of Wisconsin spilling over into parts of lower Michigan at this time- this marks the location of a cold front moving slowly east. 

Sunrise: 0644 (EDT) Sunset 1931 (EDT) Moonphase: Waxing Crescent

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Wednesday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Wednesday, September 7, 2016

•  

Wednesday got a bit hotter than predicted in last night's post, as the storms held off a bit and allowed the sun to heat us up past the 90° mark by mid-afternoon. Hermine's influences are still hanging around, as its dying circulation blocked storms from moving eastward this evening and wound up training in a N-S direction, but just east of my location so although I got rain, only a few miles away to my east a fellow observer recorded over 4 times as much as I did. Today was partly sunny and muggier in addition to the 90°+ heat, as dew point temperatures reached and remained in the low-mid 70s during the afternoon and evening. After a low temperature in the mid 60s in the early AM, the temperatures heated up fast in the still strong mid-day sun, reaching the low 90s by mid-afternoon. Thunderstorms moved almost due south out of Pennsylvania and at first just gave us some loud thunder and vivid lightning (power flickered a few times, went out very briefly once), then finally the skies opened up briefly around 1815 till about 1845, with light rain showers thereafter. To show the difference in just a few miles, David R of Montgomery Village less than 2 air miles from me to the east received 2.31" of rain from the storms Wednesday evening while I "only" had 0.48". There were still sprinkles falling at obs time, with still more light shower action showing on radar. The sky is cloudy with temperatures early this Wednesday morning around 2:45 AM in the low 70s with dew point temperatures in the low 70s. Minimum temperatures should stay in the low 70s till sunrise in a few hours with the dew point temperature also in the low 70s. Thursday should be mostly sunny with highs in the mid 90s with lows in the mid 70s and a 20 POP for possibly isolated showers/storms around. Then on Friday mostly cloudy with highs in the muggy low 90s and a 30 POP for mostly showers in the AM, then a 30 POP for showers in the evening under cloudy skies, with lows in the low 70s. Partly sunny and hot on Saturday, with highs in the low 90s, then a 30 POP for showers/storms on Saturday night under mostly cloudy skies, with lows in the low 70s. Sunday should see us dry out and cool off a bit with highs in the low-mid 80s and low 60s for lows from Sunday through Tuesday (at least).

Wednesday precipitation: 0.48" (LR) 0.34" (VP2) 6.13" Max rain rate (MRR) @ 1816
September total precipitation: 0.80"
2016 YTD precipitation: 32.02"

Other data for Wednesday as follows:
High temp 91.7° (1633)
Low temp 65.7° (0649)
Obs temp 73.1°
Peak wind gust 16 SW (1800)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 97% (2247) to a low of 57% (1628)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 76° to 63°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.09" (0856) to 29.96" (1800)

At midnight obs - Cloudy, temperature 73.1°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.01" and steady, relative humidity 97%, dew point of 72°.

Current observations at 0313 EDT - Cloudy, temperature 72.8° (RS - 75.6°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 29.98" and falling, relative humidity 97%, dew point 72°.

Radar is still showing areas of mostly dying light showers/storms over central and southern MD, parts of Northern VA, and also in central and eastern PA and DE at this time. There are still storms up in central PA, moving SE, but probably won't hold together as storms to get this far in the next few hours. We still may get a shower overnight. 

Sunrise: 0644 (EDT) Sunset 1929 (EDT) Moonphase: First Quarter

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Thursday morning.

Here is a picture of my rain gauge showing Wednesday's rainfall. The VP2 display was from early Thursday morning, so is unconsequential to Wednesday data. The car in the photo is my computer mouse. lol

005.JPG?width=750

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Thursday, September 8, 2016

•  

Thursday started out very early at and just after obs at midnight with some leftover (trace) sprinkles and clouds that gave way to sunny skies by sometime in the morning, then sunny and hot temperatures in the afternoon, and warm and muggy conditions in the evening. Dew point temperatures remained in the 70s all day. After a low temperature in the low 70s in the early AM, the temperatures rose quickly to the low 90s by mid-afternoon. The sky is cloudy with temperatures early this Wednesday morning around 3:30 AM in the mid 70s with dew point temperatures also in the mid 70s. Minimum temperatures should stay in the mid 70s till sunrise in a few hours along with the dew point temperatures making for a very damp overnight, perhaps lots of dew and fog possibly by sunrise. Friday should be partly cloudy and hot with highs in the mid 90s and a 40 POP for showers/storms in the afternoon and evening, lows in the muggy 70s once again under mostly cloudy skies overnight. Partly sunny and hot on Saturday, with highs in the low 90s, then a 30 POP for showers/storms on Saturday night under mostly cloudy skies, with lows in the low 70s. Sunday and Monday should see us dry out and cool off a bit with highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s. Warming up on Tuesday and Wednesday with highs in the mid then upper 80s, lows in the upper 60s on Tuesday, but dropping down to around 60° on Wednesday night with a dry cold front passing through, then mostly sunny skies and pleasant temperatures on Thursday with highs in the upper 70s.

Thursday precipitation: T 

High temp 92.0° (1512)
Low temp 71.7° (0706)
Obs temp 79.4°
Peak wind gust 10 SW (1202)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 98% (0527) to a low of 55% (1508)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 77° to 71°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.01" (0000) to 29.89" (1725)

At midnight obs - Cloudy, temperature 79.4°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 29.92" and steady, relative humidity 86%, dew point of 74°.

Current observations at 0338 EDT - Cloudy, temperature 76.7° (RS - 81.0°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 29.92" and steady, relative humidity 91%, dew point 74°.

Radar is still a meandering line of showers aligned in a WSW-ENE line from around central Missouri all the way up to central New Brunswick. Showers are not found everywhere on this line, but of greatest interest to those of us here in Maryland are the showers in SE PA and in central PA stretching westward into south central OH at this time, moving ENE at this time. 

Sunrise: 0645 (EDT) Sunset 1928 (EDT) Moonphase: First Quarter

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Friday, September 9, 2016

•  

Friday started out with a warm, muggy overnight with lows in the 70s that gave way to partly sunny skies during the day with hot temperatures in the afternoon into the low 90s once again, with continued warm and muggy conditions in the evening. Dew point temperatures remained in the 70s all day. The sky is partly cloudy with temperatures early this Saturday morning around 3:30 AM in the mid 70s with dew point temperatures in the low 70s. Minimum temperatures may drop a few degrees into the low 70s by sunrise in a few hours along with dew point temperatures staying at or above the 70° mark, making for a very damp overnight. Partly sunny, hot and humid on Saturday, with highs in the mid 90s with a 20 POP for a slight chance of showers/storms both during the day and also on Saturday night. Mostly cloudy on Saturday evening then gradual clearing with low temps in the low 70s. Sunday and Monday should cool off a bit with highs in the low 80s and lows around 60° Sunday night and then in the low 60s Monday night. Warming up on Tuesday and Wednesday under mostly sunny skies with highs in the mid then upper 80s, lows in the upper 60s on Tuesday, but dropping down into the upper 50s Wednesday night with a dry cold front passing through, then mostly sunny skies and pleasant temperatures on Thursday with highs in the mid 70s, lows in the upper 50s, highs on Friday in the upper 70s under sunny skies.

High temp 91.6° (1641)
Low temp 73.4° (0700)
Obs temp 79.5°
Peak wind gust 9 NNW (2358)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 96% (0746) to a low of 53% (1650)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 75° to 71°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.02" (2347) to 29.92" (0043)

At midnight obs - PCloudy, temperature 79.5°, Winds W @ 9 MPH, Pressure at 30.02" and steady, relative humidity 81%, dew point of 73°.

Current observations at 0356 EDT - PCloudy, temperature 74.4° (RS - 77.9°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 29.99" and steady, relative humidity 92%, dew point 72°.

Radar is showing shower activity scattered around the Midwest at this time. Apparently most of this energy is going elsewhere over the weekend, probably to our north in PA, NY and New England given our small chances of rain on Saturday. Strongest areas of rain right now are showing in SE Michigan and NW Ohio.

Sunrise: 0646 (EDT) Sunset 1926 (EDT) Moonphase: First Quarter

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Saturday, September 10, 2016

•  

Saturday started out with a warm, muggy overnight once again with lows in the low 70s that gave way to partly sunny skies during the day with hot temperatures in the afternoon into the low 90s once again, with continued warm and muggy conditions in the evening. Dew point temperatures remained in the 70s all day. The sky is cloudy with temperatures early this Sunday morning around 3:30 AM in the upper mid 70s with dew point temperatures in the mid 70s. Minimum temperatures may drop a few degrees into the mid 70s by sunrise in a few hours along with dew point temperatures staying at or above the 70° mark, with a slight (20 POP) for showers under mostly cloudy skies. Cloudy in the daylight hours of Sunday morning, with a continued slight 20 POP chance for a shower then clearing by midday, with lower dew points and temperatures, highs in the low 80s, and low temps Sunday night around 60°. Monday should also be nice with highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 60s with skies becoming partly cloudy. Warming up on Tuesday and Wednesday under mostly sunny skies with highs in the mid then upper 80s, lows in the upper 60s on Tuesday, but dropping down into the upper 50s Wednesday night with a dry cold front passing through, then mostly sunny skies and pleasant temperatures on Thursday with highs in the mid 70s, lows in the upper 50s, highs on Friday in the upper 70s under sunny skies.

High temp 92.7° (1606)
Low temp 72.3° (0651)
Obs temp 80.5°
Peak wind gust 10 E (1610)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 96% (0741) to a low of 54% (1433)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 77° to 71°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.04" (0918) to 29.90" (1835)

At midnight obs - Cloudy, temperature 80.5°, Winds NW @ 1 MPH, Pressure at 29.94" and falling, relative humidity 83%, dew point of 75°.

Current observations at 0337 EDT - Cloudy, temperature 77.6° (RS - 81.1°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 29.90" and falling, relative humidity 87%, dew point 74°.

Radar is showing dying frontal shower activity running through parts of western NY, western PA and south into WV out to my west. But the southern end of this line is particularly weak, the part in WV, which would be the part that would move into my area in a few hours. But I don't think it will make it here as rain, just as some clouds and a wind shift. This line earlier on Saturday looked quite strong and impressive when running through Ohio and Indiana and other states to the NE and SW of those states. But with the sun energy gone the weakening commenced.

Sunrise: 0647 (EDT) Sunset 1924 (EDT) Moonphase: First Quarter

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Sunday, September 11, 2016

•  

Sunday started out warm and muggy with a midnight temperature of 80.5° and a dew point temperature of 75° that slowly dropped off overnight through the 70s. During the day the cooler and drier air filtered in, holding the temperatures no higher than the low 80s during the day, with dew point temperatures dropping into the upper 50s and lower 60s the rest of the day under mostly sunny skies - a pretty nice day. The sky is clear with temperatures early this Monday morning around 2:40 AM in the lower 60s with dew point temperatures in the upper-mid 50s. Minimum temperatures should drop a few degrees down into the upper 50s to around 60° by sunrise in a few hours along with dew point temperatures holding in the 50s. During the day on Monday it also should be nice with highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 60s with skies becoming partly cloudy. Warming up on Tuesday and Wednesday under mostly sunny skies with highs in the mid 80s on Tuesday then around 90° on Wednesday. Lows should be in the upper 60s on Tuesday then into the lower 60s Wednesday night with a dry cold front passing through under only partly cloudy skies, then mostly sunny skies and pleasant temperatures on Thursday and Friday with highs in the upper 70s, lows in the upper 50s on Thursday night and lower 60s on Friday night. Saturday should be warming into the mid 80s under sunny skies, but then mostly cloudy with a 30 POP for showers Saturday night with lows in the upper 60s and still cloudy with a 50 POP for showers on Sunday with high temperatures in the mid 80s.

High temp 81.9° (1558)
Low temp 65.5° (2359)
Obs temp 65.5°
Peak wind gust 14 SW (1446)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 89% (0450) to a low of 44% (1621)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 75° to 57°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.18" (2344) to 29.90" (0336)

At midnight obs - Clear, temperature 65.5°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.18" and rising, relative humidity 82%, dew point of 60°.

Current observations at 0255 EDT - Clear, temperature 63.0° (RS - 65.5°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 30.19" and steady, relative humidity 78%, dew point 56°.

Radar is showing rain shower activity running SW-NE along the eastern North Carolina coastal region moving NE and offshore. Other rain showers can be found in the SE region, in parts of SC, GA, AL, MS and much of Florida, scattered here and there in the still muggy air down there.

Sunrise: 0648 (EDT) Sunset 1923 (EDT) Moonphase: Waxing Gibbous

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Monday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Monday, September 12, 2016

Monday was a mostly sunny with seasonable temperatures, cool compared with our recent heat wave but really about normal for this time of year. The temperatures started out in the upper 50s in the early AM, and then in the afternoon reached no higher than the low 80s, with dew point temperatures holding mostly in the 50s all day under mostly sunny skies - a pretty nice day. The sky is cloudy with temperatures early this Tuesday morning around 3:30 AM in the mid 60s with dew point temperatures in the low 60s. Minimum temperatures look to hold in the mid 60s till sunrise in a few hours along with dew point temperatures holding in the low 60s. Warming up on Tuesday and Wednesday under mostly sunny skies with highs in the mid 80s on Tuesday then around 90° on Wednesday. Lows should be in the upper 60s on Tuesday then into the mid 60s Wednesday night with a dry cold front passing through under only partly cloudy skies, then mostly sunny skies and pleasant temperatures on Thursday and Friday with highs in the upper 70s, lows around 60° on Thursday night and lower 60s on Friday night. Saturday should be warming into the mid 80s under partly sunny skies, but then mostly cloudy with a 40 POP for showers/storms Saturday night with lows in the upper 60s and still cloudy with a 50 POP for showers/storms on Sunday with high temperatures in the lower 80s.

High temp 82.1° (1642)
Low temp 58.6° (0728)
Obs temp 64.2°
Peak wind gust 9 NE (1150)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 85% (0735) to a low of 40% (1550)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 60° to 52°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.29" (1026) to 30.18" (0000)

At midnight obs - Cloudy, temperature 64.2°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.22" and steady, relative humidity 83%, dew point of 59°.

Current observations at 0355 EDT - Cloudy, temperature 64.9° (RS - 66.2°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 30.22" and steady, relative humidity 90%, dew point 62°.

Radar is showing rain shower activity off the SE Atlantic Coast from North Carolina down to Florida. Showers and storms are also noted in a ragged line running through parts of Iowa into parts of northern Wisconsin and parts of the UP of Michigan. Of particular note to me on the National Radar is seeing snow on the radar in the mountains of NW Wyoming around Yellowstone and GrandTeton National Parks, and the surrounding high peaks of the area.

Sunrise: 0649 (EDT) Sunset 1921 (EDT) Moonphase: Waxing Gibbous

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Tuesday was a mostly sunny day, pleasant in the early AM with the daily low in the low 60s, then it warmed up with increasing dew point temperatures as the day wore on. In the afternoon the high temperature reached into the upper mid 80s, with dew point temperatures rising through the 60s all day after starting in the upper 50s at midnight. During the day we had mostly sunny skies - still not too bad a day. The sky is clear with temperatures early this Wednesday morning around 3:30 AM in the upper 60s with dew point temperatures in the mid 60s. Minimum temperatures look to possibly drop into the mid 60s till sunrise in a few hours along with dew point temperatures n the low-mid 60s. Warming up some more on Wednesday under mostly sunny skies with highs around 90°. Lows should be in the low 60s on Wednesday night with a dry cold front passing through under partly to mostly cloudy skies, then mostly sunny skies and pleasant temperatures on Thursday and Friday with highs in the upper 70s, lows in the lower 60s on Thursday night under partly to mostly cloudy skies and low 60s on Friday night under just partly cloudy skies. Saturday should be partly sunny with highs around 80°, then mostly cloudy Saturday night with lows in the upper 60s. Still cloudy with a 40 POP for showers/storms on Sunday with high temperatures in the lower 80s. Mostly cloudy Sunday night with a 40 POP for showers and lows in the mid 60s.

High temp 86.8° (1633)
Low temp 61.8° (0656)
Obs temp 74.6°
Peak wind gust 11 E (1157)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 96% (0814) to a low of 53% (1633)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 69° to 59°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.25" (0743) to 30.09" (1732)

At midnight obs - Clear, temperature 74.6°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.13" and falling, relative humidity 76%, dew point of 67°.

Current observations at 0409 EDT - Clear, temperature 68.1° (RS - 69.6°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 30.11" and falling, relative humidity 87%, dew point 64°.

Radar is showing light rain shower activity in parts of the Midwest, particularly in sections of WI, IL and MI. Also of note are the showers on the shore and mainly offshore areas of SC, GA and northern FL from the latest tropical storm just named as Julia on Tuesday.

Sunrise: 0650 (EDT) Sunset 1920 (EDT) Moonphase: Waxing Gibbous

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Wednesday was a very sunny day, I don't remember seeing any clouds in the sky during the day when I was looking up and out. I also did not record any wind during the day, very unusual but possible, but I believe there may be a problem with my anemometer. Last wind recorded on it was about 1920 EDT on September 13. Stay tuned on that development but for now I am showing zero for wind today (Wednesday). Temperatures started out in the mid 60s in the early AM, warming up into the low 90s by mid-afternoon. Muggier in the morning, started to dry out mid-day as the dew point dropped to under 60° briefly in the late afternoon. Dew pts rose slowly in the evening, and are currently in the mid 60s as clouds have come in. Temperatures early this Thursday morning around 3:00 AM are around 70°. Minimum temperatures look to drop into the mid 60s till a cloudy sunrise in a few hours along with dew point temperatures in the low-mid 60s. Partly to mostly cloudy skies with pleasant temperatures on Thursday and Friday - highs in the upper 70s, lows in the lower 60s on Thursday night under mostly cloudy skies and low 60s on Friday night under partly to mostly cloudy skies. Saturday should be partly sunny with highs in the low 80s, then mostly cloudy Saturday night with lows in the upper 60s and a 30 POP for showers. Cloudy with a 40 POP for showers/storms on Sunday with high temperatures in the mid 80s. Mostly cloudy Sunday night with a 50 POP for showers and lows in the upper 60s. Monday partly cloudy with highs in the low 80s and a 50 POP for showers/storms.

Wednesday precipitation: 0

High temp 90.8° (1640)
Low temp 65.8° (0720)
Obs temp 73.9°
Peak wind gust O - see comments above about no wind recorded all day.
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 95% (0820) to a low of 36% (1650)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 67° to 59°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.15" (1050) to 30.05" (1815)

At midnight obs - Cloudy, temperature 73.9°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.15" and rising, relative humidity 74%, dew point of 65°.

Current observations at 0323 EDT - Cloudy, temperature 69.6° (RS - 70.7°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 30.19" and rising, relative humidity 79%, dew point 63°.

Radar is showing a few very light, very scattered rain showers in parts of Eastern WV and Western Maryland at this time. Also spinning offshore of the South Carolina coast is the remains of TS Julia, with most rain falling out in the ocean off of South Carolina and the very southern parts of North Carolina. The storm is forecast to spin in that area for the next few days, as our HIGH pressure ridge moving in over us will block any significant northerly movement of this storm at all.

Sunrise: 0651 (EDT) Sunset 1918 (EDT) Moonphase: Full Moon

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Thursday, September 15, 2016

•  
  • Thursday was a partly to at times mostly cloudy day, a lot more clouds than yesterday. And thankfully windier, as I did record wind data during most of the day so there isn't anything permanently wrong with my anemometer. Temperatures started out in the mid 60s in the early AM but only warmed to the very comfortable mid 70s by mid-afternoon. My 75.7° high temperature today is the coolest high temp reading of the month and season so far. Relatively dry today, with dew points mostly in the upper 50s to low 60s. Temperatures early this Friday morning around 3:30 AM are around 65° with dew points in the upper 50s. Minimum temperatures look to drop into the low 60s till a cloudy sunrise in a few hours along with dew point temperatures in the upper 50s. Partly cloudy skies with pleasant temperatures on Friday - highs in the upper 70s, lows in the lower 60s on Friday night under partly to mostly cloudy skies. Saturday should be mostly cloudy in the AM then later partly sunny with highs in the low 80s, then mostly cloudy Saturday night with lows in the upper 60s. Mostly cloudy with a 50 POP for showers/storms on Sunday with high temperatures in the mid 80s. Mostly cloudy Sunday night with a 50 POP for showers and lows in the upper 60s. Monday partly cloudy with highs in the low 80s and a 40 POP for showers.

Thursday precipitation: 0

High temp 75.7° (1553)
Low temp 65.6° (0828)
Obs temp 69.0°
Peak wind gust 10 NE (0936) 
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 82% (0216) to a low of 60% (1545)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 66° to 56°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.28" (1107) to 30.15" (0003)

At midnight obs - Cloudy, temperature 69.0°, Winds 2 ENE, Pressure at 30.27" and rising, relative humidity 75%, dew point of 61°.

Current observations at 0356 EDT - Cloudy, temperature 64.8° (RS - 66.2°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 30.27" and steady, relative humidity 82%, dew point 59°.

Radar is showing rain showers over parts of Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota right now, nothing else of note north of Florida - TS Julia is raining itself out far off the Carolina Coast, but may loop back towards the coast over the next few days.

Sunrise: 0652 (EDT) Sunset 1916 (EDT) Moonphase: Full Moon

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Friday, September 16, 2016

•  

Friday was a mostly cloudy day, more clouds than yesterday, but dry with no rain around that I know of. Temperatures started out in the mid 60s in the early AM but only warmed to the very comfortable mid 70s by mid-afternoon, very similar to yesterday's readings. My 75.5° high temperature today is the coolest high temp reading of the month and season so far. Felt relatively dry today, with dew points mostly in the mid 50s to low 60s. Temperatures early this Saturday morning around 3:30 AM are around 65° with dew points in the upper 50s. Minimum temperatures look to hold in the mid 60s, maybe low 60s till a cloudy sunrise in a few hours along with dew point temperatures in the lower 60s. Saturday should be mostly cloudy in the AM then later partly sunny with highs in the low 80s, then mostly cloudy Saturday night with lows in the upper 60s and a slight chance (20 POP) for showers. Mostly cloudy with a 50 POP for showers/storms on Sunday with high temperatures in the mid 80s. Cloudy Sunday night with a 80 POP for showers/storms - lows in the upper 60s. Monday partly cloudy with highs in the low 80s and a 30 POP for showers. Mostly sunny early next week through Wednesday with highs in the low-mid 80s and lows in the low-mid 60s.

High temp 75.5° (1600)
Low temp 64.8° (0337)
Obs temp 69.4°
Peak wind gust 10 ENE (0953) 
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 82% (0324) to a low of 52% (1626)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 61° to 56°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.32" (0923) to 30.23" (1658)

At midnight obs - Cloudy, temperature 69.4°, Winds 1 ENE, Pressure at 30.27" and rising, relative humidity 74%, dew point of 61°.

Current observations at 0345 EDT - Cloudy, temperature 66.6° (RS - 68.0°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 30.24" and falling, relative humidity 81%, dew point 61°.

Radar is showing rain showers out in parts of the Midwest once again, mostly in southern Illinois and much of the state of Indiana moving a bit into Ohio, along with some of the other adjoining states, slowly pushing east and north.

Sunrise: 0652 (EDT) Sunset 1915 (EDT) Moonphase: Full Moon

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Saturday, September 17, 2016

•  

Saturday was a mostly cloudy day like yesterday, but unfortunately dry with no rain. Temperatures started out in the mid 60s in the early AM, warming up to 80° by late-afternoon, helped by a little bit of sun that peeked through the base stratocumulus deck prevalent most of the day. It was a bit more humid today, with dew points rising from around 60° to the upper 60s by later in the afternoon and evening. The barometric pressure dropped off a bit over 0.10" mB in the afternoon, as the HI we were under slid off to the east and out into the Atlantic. Temperatures early this Sunday morning around 4:00 AM are around 70° with dew points in the upper 60s. Minimum temperatures look to drop at most into the upper 60s at best till a cloudy sunrise in a few hours along with dew point temperatures in the mid 60s. Mostly cloudy with a 40 POP for showers/storms on Sunday with high temperatures in the mid-upper 80s. Cloudy Sunday night with an 80 POP for showers/storms - lows in the upper 60s. Monday mostly cloudy with highs in the upper 70s and a 70 POP for showers and perhaps an isolated thunderstorm. Monday evening cloudy with a 40 POP for a shower, turning partly cloudy after midnight, with lows in the mid 60s. Thereafter, mostly sunny most of next week with highs in the low-mid 80s and lows in the low-mid 60s.

High temp 80.0° (1717)
Low temp 66.6° (0339)
Obs temp 72.4°
Peak wind gust 12 E (1330) 
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 85% (0821) to a low of 67% (1711)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 69° to 60°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.27" (0000) to 30.10" (2358)

At midnight obs - Cloudy, temperature 72.4°, Winds 3 E, Pressure at 30.10" and falling, relative humidity 84%, dew point of 67°.

Current observations at 0421 EDT - Cloudy, temperature 70.0° (RS - 72.0°), winds 2 W, barometric pressure at 30.07" and falling, relative humidity 92%, dew point 68°.

Radar is showing rain showers prevalent through much of Northern New England and upstate New York, along with more scattered,lighter amounts in parts of PA, WV, KY and TN at this time. All activity gradually working its way south and east that will affect my area eventually during some PM time on Sunday.

Sunrise: 0653 (EDT) Sunset 1913 (EDT) Moonphase: Full Moon

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Sunday, September 18, 2016

Sunday was another mostly cloudy day like the past 2 days, but unfortunately still dry with no rain but it is getting closer. Temperatures started out in the upper 60s in the early AM, warming up to the mid 80s by mid-afternoon, helped by a little bit of sun that filtered somewhat through the base stratocumulus deck similar to yesterday. It was more humid today, with dew points rising from the mid 60s to the mid 70s by later in the afternoon and evening. The barometric pressure dropped off around 0.10" mB again this afternoon, as the ridge keeps drifting off to the east and out into the Atlantic. Temperatures early this Monday morning around 3:00 AM are still in the mid 70s with dew points in the low-mid 70s. Minimum temperatures look to drop at most into the lower 70s at best with a 90 POP for widespread showers and isolated thundershowers till sunrise in a few hours along with dew point temperatures staying at or above the 70° mark. Monday should be cloudy with highs in the upper 70s and an 80 POP for showers/thunderstorms. Monday evening mostly cloudy with a 50 POP for a shower/storm with lows in the mid 60s. Thereafter, partly to mostly sunny next week through Saturday with highs in the low-mid 80s and lows in the low-mid 60s. Sunday at this point looks to cool off to high temps in the 70s with sunny skies, but let's see how that develops this coming week.

High temp 85.2° (1620)
Low temp 69.0° (0303)
Obs temp 77.1°
Peak wind gust 12 E (1348) 
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 94% (0744) to a low of 60% (1618)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 74° to 66°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.10" (1120) to 30.00" (1709)

At midnight obs - Cloudy, temperature 77.1°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.03" and falling, relative humidity 84%, dew point of 72°.

Current observations at 0320 EDT - Cloudy, temperature 75.8° (RS - 79.7°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 30.00" and falling, relative humidity 90%, dew point 73°.

Radar is showing rain showers prevalent through much of the mid-Atlantic Region, particulary down in southern VA in the Richmond area, moving N, and also over a good part of PA and certain areas of WV, mostly all moving NE. Locally here it doesn't appear that we will get rain for a few hours yet, as the closest cells appear to still to be a ways off yet. But as damp as the air is out there now, showers could still develop at any time that are not appearing on radar at the present time.

Sunrise: 0654 (EDT) Sunset 1911 (EDT) Moonphase: Waning Gibbous

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Monday, September 19, 2016

•  

Monday was another mostly cloudy day like the past 3 days, and finally I got some rain in my backyard rain gauge! But no where near the amounts elsewhere in the region - I missed most of the action! Temperatures started out in the upper 70s in the very early AM, dropping to the low 70s by sunrise when the rain started to fall, holding there most of the day, and dropping into the upper 60s in the late PM aroundobs time. It was humid once again today, with dew points holding in the upper 60s to the low 70s. Temperatures early this Tuesday morning around 3:45 AM have dropped a bit into the upper-mid 60s with dew points in the mid 60s under clearing moonlit skies. Minimum temperatures look to drop into the mid 60s under a high cloud overcast with the moon shining through till sunrise in a few hours along with dew point temperatures holding in the mid 60s. On Tuesday during the daylight hours we should have partly sunny skies with highs in the low 80s, lows in the mid 60s. The remaining days of the week through Saturday should be mostly sunny with highs in the low-mid 80s and lows mostly in the mid 60s. Saturday night should start our cool off into the 50s then Sunday at this point looks to cool off to high temps in the 70s with sunny skies. No more rain as it looks now the rest of the week.

Monday precipitation: 0.14" (LR) 0.03" (VP2) (First rain since Sept 7 - 12 days ago!!)
September total precipitation: 0.94"
2016 YTD precipitation: 32.16"

High temp 77.2° (0001)
Low temp 69.2° (2359)
Obs temp 69.2°
Peak wind gust 5 N (0739) 
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 97% (1506) to a low of 84% (0000)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 73° to 68°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.10" (2353) to 29.98" (0459)

At midnight obs - High clouds, moon visible, temperature 69.2°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.10" and steady, relative humidity 96%, dew point of 68°.

Current observations at 0406 EDT - High clouds/moon visible, temperature 67.1° (RS - 73.0°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 30.09" and steady, relative humidity 97%, dew point 66°.

Radar is showing most of our rain showers from Monday over SE VA and offshore in VA and NC waters. Also scattered showers along the front running up the Mid-Atlantic and New England Coastline, mostly offshore. Also light scattered showers running roughly ENE-WSW can be found in a ragged line through parts of WI,IL and over lower Lake Michigan and lower Michigan state.

Sunrise: 0655 (EDT) Sunset 1910 (EDT) Moonphase: Waning Gibbous

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Tuesday, September 20, 2016

•  

Tuesday was another mostly cloudy day like the past 4 days, but with no rain once again and a bit of sun bleeding through the higher overcast at times. And the area got a beautiful sunset in spots, though I couldn't see it here unfortunately. Temperatures started out in the mid 60s around sunrise, rising to around 80° by mid-afternoon. It was a bit humid once again today but a bit less than yesterday, with dew points ranging from the low 70s to mid 60s. Temperatures early this Tuesday morning around 2:45 AM have dropped a bit into the mid 60s with dew points also in the mid 60s under mostly cloudy skies. Minimum temperatures look to hold in the mid 60s under mostly cloudy skies till sunrise in a few hours along with dew point temperatures holding in the mid 60s. On Tuesday during the daylight hours we should have partly sunny skies with highs in the low 80s, lows in the mid 60s. The remaining days of the week through Friday should be mostly sunny with highs in the low-mid 80s and lows mostly in the low-mid 60s. Saturday should start cooling off with still sunny skies and a high temp of around 80° with lows dropping into the 50s under clear skies Saturday night then Sunday mostly sunny skies with high temperatures in the low 70s, lows Sunday night under clear skies well down in the 50s. Early next week looks to be sunny with highs in the mid 70s, lows in the mid-upper 50s. No more rain as it looks now for the foreseeable future.

High temp 79.6° (1603)
Low temp 65.9° (0552)
Obs temp 68.7°
Peak wind gust 10 NNW (1241) 
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 98% (0806) to a low of 71% (1611)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 71° to 65°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.17" (1017) to 30.08" (0337)

At midnight obs - Cloudy, temperature 68.7°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.15" and steady, relative humidity 94%, dew point of 67°.

Current observations at 0253 EDT - Cloudy, temperature 66.2° (RS - 74.3°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 30.14" and steady, relative humidity 95%, dew point 65°.

Radar is showing rain over SE VA and Eastern NC and offshore from the circulation left of TS Julia as I understand it, moving northward but hugging the coast and not heading directly this way. There also are showers entering west-central Wisconsin from NE Iowa and SE Minnesota at this time.

Sunrise: 0656 (EDT) Sunset 1908 (EDT) Moonphase: Waning Gibbous

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Wednesday was another mostly cloudy day like the past 5 days, with no rain once again and a bit more of sun bleeding through the higher overcast at times and a lighter overcast by late afternoon and evening. And the area got another beautiful sunset in spots, though I couldn't see it here unfortunately. Temperatures started out in the mid 60s around sunrise, rising to just above 80° by mid-afternoon. It was a bit less humid once again today, with dew points ranging from the upper 60s to lower 60s. Temperatures early this Wednesday morning around 3:00 AM have dropped into the mid 60s with dew points also in the mid 60s under mostly cloudy skies. Minimum temperatures look to hold in the mid 60s under mostly cloudy skies till sunrise in a few hours along with dew point temperatures holding in the mid 60s. Thursday and Friday should be mostly sunny with highs in the low-mid 80s and lows mostly in the low-mid 60s. Saturday should start cooling/drying off with mostly sunny skies and a high temperature in the upper 70s with lows dropping into the upper 50s under clear skies Saturday night then Sunday mostly sunny skies with high temperatures cooler yet, in the low 70s. Lows Sunday night under clear skies should be in the mid 50s. Early next week looks to be sunny with highs in the low-mid 70s, lows mostly in the mid-upper 50s. There is a 30 POP for showers on Tuesday, and that is about it for rain for the next several days. All in all getting more seasonable as astronomical fall begins in a few hours, at 10:21 EDT Thursday.

http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMDGAITH11ar

Wednesday precipitation: 0

High temp 81.6° (1524)
Low temp 64.4° (0705)
Obs temp 68.0°
Peak wind gust 10 NE (1139) 
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 97% (0810) to a low of 59% (1533)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 69° to 63°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.21" (1050) to 30.13" (0150)

At midnight obs - Cloudy, temperature 68.0°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.18" and falling, relative humidity 92%, dew point of 66°.

Current observations at 0313 EDT - Cloudy, temperature 65.2° (RS - 73.2°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 30.16" and falling, relative humidity 93%, dew point 63°.

Radar is showing scattered light rain showers over portions of SE VA and Eastern NC and offshore from the decaying circulation of what is left of TS Julia, moving northward but individual cells running NE to SW and not heading directly this way. There is also a large area of rain covering most of the state of Wisconsin and a bit into overlapping states of Iowa and Minnesota at this time.

Sunrise: 0657 (EDT) Sunset 1907 (EDT) Moonphase: Last Quarter

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Thursday, September 22, 2016

•  

Thursday finally broke our cloudy streak at 6, with a mostly sunny day. Temperatures started out in the low 60s around sunrise, rising to the mid 80s by mid-late afternoon. It was a bit less humid once again today, with dew points ranging from 60° to the mid 60s. Temperatures early this Wednesday morning around 3:00 AM have dropped into the low 60s with dew points around 60° under mostly clear skies. Minimum temperatures look to hold in the low 60s under clear skies till sunrise in a few hours along with dew point temperatures in the upper 50s to around 60°. Friday should be mostly sunny with highs in the mid 80s and lows mostly in the mid 60s. Saturday should start cooling/drying off with mostly sunny skies and a high temperature in the upper 70s with lows dropping into the upper 50s under partly cloudy skies Saturday night then Sunday mostly sunny skies with high temperatures cooler yet, in the low 70s. Lows Sunday night under clear skies should be in the mid 50s. Monday through Thursday looks to be partly to mostly sunny with highs in the low-mid 70s, lows mostly in the mid-upper 50s. There is a 30 POP for showers on Thursday. All in all getting more seasonable as astronomical fall began Thursday morning at 10:21 EDT.

Thursday precipitation: 0

High temp 84.3° (1701)
Low temp 61.4° (0727)
Obs temp 64.9°
Peak wind gust 9 NNE (1003) 
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 94% (0221) to a low of 48% (1607)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 66° to 60°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.20" (0946) to 30.09" (1819)

At midnight obs - Clear, temperature 64.9°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.11" and steady, relative humidity 90%, dew point of 62°.

Current observations at 0307 EDT - Clear, temperature 62.1° (RS - 68.5°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 30.09" and steady, relative humidity 93%, dew point 60°.

Radar is showing rain over much of Maine, plus northern parts of NH, VT, and NY scattered about. Also light showers are still falling over parts of the Carolinas along the coast and offshore, and also showers/storms in NE Iowa just entering SW Wisconsin at this time.

Sunrise: 0658 (EDT) Sunset 1905 (EDT) Moonphase: Last Quarter

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Friday, September 23, 2016

•  

Friday was a mostly sunny day, second in a row. Temperatures started out in the upper 50s around sunrise, rising warmly to the upper 80s by the late afternoon. It was a bit less humid once again today, with dew points ranging from 57° to the mid 60s. Temperatures early this Saturday morning around 3:00 AM have dropped to the mid 60s with dew points also in the mid 60s under mostly clear skies. Minimum temperatures look to hold in the low-mid 60s under clear skies till sunrise in a few hours along with dew point temperatures in the low-mid 60s. Daylight Saturday should start with partly sunny skies with high temperatures in the mid 70s but turning mostly cloudy in the afternoon with a bit of post-frontal activity that unfortunately will not give us any rain. Lows should drop into the lower 50s under partly cloudy skies Saturday night then Sunday mostly sunny skies with high temperatures cooler yet, in the low 70s. Lows Sunday night under clear skies should be in the mid 50s. Monday looks to be partly sunny with highs in the low 70s, lows in the low 60s with mostly cloudy skies and a 50 POP for showers. Tuesday looks to be partly cloudy, highs in the mid 70s with a 50 POP for showers. A 40 POP for showers Tuesday night under partly cloudy skies, with lows in the upper 50s. Mostly sunny from Wednesday through Friday, with highs in the low 70s, lows in the mid 50s as we start getting more fall-like weather finally.

High temp 87.9° (1700)
Low temp 59.0° (0721)
Obs temp 69.2°
Peak wind gust 9 WSW (1509) 
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 97% (0847) to a low of 42% (1704)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 67° to 57°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.11" (0000) to 29.98" (1754)

At midnight obs - Clear, temperature 69.2°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.03" and steady, relative humidity 88%, dew point of 66°.

Current observations at 0311 EDT - Clear, temperature 66.1° (RS - 70.7°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 30.01" and steady, relative humidity 92%, dew point 64°.

Radar is showing very light, very widely scattered rain showers running along the cold front through central PA, parts of NJ, southern NY and CT, with heavier action over Long Island and offshore (to the south) along with a seperate system over parts of Northern Wisconsin at this time.

Sunrise: 0659 (EDT) Sunset 1903 (EDT) Moonphase: Last Quarter

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Saturday, September 24, 2016

Saturday was a partly to mostly cloudy day, as the cold front moved on through. Temperatures started out in the mid 60s around sunrise, then only rose into the low 70s for the high temperature for the day in the early afternoon. It was less humid today, with dew points ranging from the mid 60s early dropping to the upper 50s later in the day. Temperatures early this Sunday morning around 4:15 AM have dropped to the mid 50s with dew points in the low 50s under clear skies. Minimum temperatures look to drop into the low 50s under clear skies till sunrise in a few hours along with dew point temperatures lowering to around the 50° mark. Sunday should have mostly sunny skies with high temperaturese in the low 70s. Lows Sunday night under clear skies should be in the mid 50s. Monday looks to be sunny in the AM with highs in the low 70s, turning cloudy in the PM hours with lows in the upper 50s Monday night with mostly cloudy skies and a 70 POP for showers/ storms. Tuesday looks to be partly cloudy, highs in the low 70s with a 40 POP for showers. Tuesday night will be partly cloudy with lows in the lower 50s. Mostly sunny from Wednesday through Saturday, with highs in the low 70s and lows in the mid 50s.

High temp 72.9° (1252)
Low temp 60.2° (2357)
Obs temp 60.2°
Peak wind gust 10 NNE (0927) 
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 94% (0423) to a low of 73% (1712)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 66° to 58°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.18" (2308) to 30.01" (0310)

At midnight obs - Clear, temperature 60.2°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.13" and rising, relative humidity 92%, dew point of 58°.

Current observations at 0444 EDT - Clear, temperature 54.3° (RS - 58.8°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 30.20" and steady, relative humidity 89%, dew point 51°.

Radar is clear through the Eastern U.S. north of Florida at this time.

Sunrise: 0700 (EDT) Sunset 1902 (EDT) Moonphase: Last Quarter

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Sunday,September 25, 2016

•  

Sunday was a mostly sunny day, with more typical fall-like temperatures (finally) all day. Temperatures started out in the low 50s around sunrise, the coolest readings of the season so far, then rose into the low 70s for the high temperature for the day in the mid afternoon. Dew points ranged from the upper 50s very early dropping to the mid 40s to lower 50s most of the rest of the day. Temperatures early this Monday morning around 3:45 AM have dropped to the mid 50s with dew points in the low 50s under clear skies. Minimum temperatures look to drop into the low 50s under clear skies till sunrise a few hours along with dew point temperatures lowering to the upper 40s to around 50°. Monday looks to be mostly cloudy with patchy fog and/or drizzle with highs in the low 70s. Then Monday night we should have lows in the upper 50s with mostly cloudy skies and an 80 POP for showers/ storms. Tuesday looks to be mostly sunny, highs in the low 70s with a 50 POP for showers in the morning. Tuesday night will be partly cloudy with lows in the mid 50s. Wednesday should be mostly sunny but with a 30 POP for showers, highs in the low 70s. Mostly cloudy Wednesday night through Thursday night with a 50 POP for showers, highs in the upper 60s, lows in the upper 50s. Friday should be partly cloudy with highs around 70° and a 40 POP for showers, then partly cloudy Friday night with lows in the upper 50s and a 30 POP for showers. Mostly sunny over the weekend, with highs in the low 70s and lows in the mid 50s.

High temp 73.3° (1557)
Low temp 51.5° (0719)
Obs temp 56.5°
Peak wind gust 10 NE (0941) 
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 94% (0112) to a low of 47% (1546)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 58° to 46°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.26" (1107) to 30.15" (1720)

At midnight obs - Clear, temperature 56.5°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.20" and steady, relative humidity 87%, dew point of 53°.

Current observations at 0403 EDT - Clear, temperature 55.8° (RS - 60.3°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 30.17" and steady, relative humidity 90%, dew point 53°.

Radar is showing showers in a rough NE/SW line running through parts of the Midwest at this time. Just exiting Wisconsin now, now mostly falling in parts of IL, IN, MO, and MI.

Sunrise: 0701 (EDT) Sunset 1900 (EDT) Moonphase: Waning Crescent

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Monday, September 26, 2016

•  

Monday turned into a mostly cloudy day, as the overcast moved in overnight, the temperatures bottomed out very early and rose slowly overnight. Temperatures started out in the mid 50s in the very early AM then rose into the mid 60s for the day's high temperature in the mid/late afternoon. Dew points ranged from the lower 50s very early rising slowly through the day up to the low 60s by the mid-late evening. Temperatures early this Tuesday morning around 3:45 AM are still in the mid 60s with dew points also in the mid 60s as the clouds have finally given us a bit of rain after midnight (0.03" so far today according to my VP2 recording rain gauge). Minimum temperatures look to maybe drop into the low 60s under the cloudy, occasionally rainy skies (70 POP) till sunrise a few hours along with dew point temperatures in the low-mid 60s. Tuesday looks to be mostly cloudy with a 50 POP for showers, becoming mostly sunny in the afternoon with highs in the low 70s. Tuesday night will be partly cloudy with lows in the mid 50s. Wednesday should be partly sunny in the AM but turning mostly cloudy in the PM with a 50 POP for showers, highs in the low 70s. Mostly cloudy Wednesday night through Thursday night with a 60-70 POP for likely showers, highs in the lower 70s, lows in the lower 60s. Friday should be partly cloudy with highs in the low 70s and a 50 POP for showers, then mostly cloudy Friday night with lows in the upper 50s and a 50 POP for showers. Mostly sunny over the weekend, with highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 50s as we enter the month of October.

High temp 67.1° (1705)
Low temp 55.0° (0122)
Obs temp 64.6°
Peak wind gust 11 E (1442) 
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 93% (2348) to a low of 78% (1756)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 63° to 52°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.20" (0001) to 30.00" (2356)

At midnight obs - Cloudy, temperature 64.6°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.00" and falling, relative humidity 93%, dew point of 63°.

Current observations at 0405 EDT - Cloudy, temperature 64.6° (RS - 69.4°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 29.97" and falling, relative humidity 96%, dew point 64°. VP2 precipitation so far since midnight is 0.03".

Radar is showing showers in a NE/SW line running through much of the Atlantic Coast states from North Carolina into most of New England. Locally the showers are running through our area right now with some pockets of no/very light rain like I have been mostly under the past few hours. Good rain chances should hold through much of the morning hours.

Sunrise: 0701 (EDT) Sunset 1858 (EDT) Moonphase: Waning Crescent

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Tuesday, September 27, 2016

•  

Tuesday began cloudy with occasional light showers overnight that didn't amount to much here, but elsewhere in the region had more. But nothing like we are supposed to get in the next few days. A flood watch has been posted for late Wednesday into Friday morning. More on that implied in the forecast later. We cleared out on Tuesday mid-morning and stayed sunny and mild the rest of the day. Temperatures started out in the upper 50s in the early AM then rose into the mid 70s for the day's high temperature in the mid/late afternoon. Dew points ranged from the upper 40s in the AM rising slowly through the day up to the mid 60s by the early evening. Temperatures early this Wednesday morning around 3:00 AM are in the low 60s with dew points in the upper 50s under partly cloudy skies. Minimum temperatures look to maybe drop into the upper 50s at most under continued partly cloudy skies till sunrise a few hours along with dew point temperatures holding in the upper 50s to around 60°. Wednesday should be partly sunny for a bit of the AM but turning mostly cloudy in the PM with a 60 POP for showers and possibly a thunderstorm, highs in the low 70s. Mostly cloudy Wednesday night through Thursday night with a 90-100 POP likelihood for showers and possibly thunderstorms with heavy rain at times, highs in the lower 70s, lows in the low-mid 60s. Friday should be mostly cloudy with highs in the low 70s and a 70 POP for showers, then mostly cloudy Friday night with lows in the lower 60s and a 50 POP for showers. Mostly sunny over the weekend, with highs in the mid 70s and lows in the upper 50s, still a 50 POP for showers Saturday, but most likely only during the earlier AM hours. A wet exit to what has been a mostly quite dry September!

Tuesday precipitation: 0.07" (LR) 0.03" (VP2)
September total precipitation: 1.01"
2016 YTD precipitation: 32.23"

High temp 75.1° (1607)
Low temp 59.3° (0851)
Obs temp 60.2°
Peak wind gust 9 WSW (1046) 
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 97% (0512) to a low of 46% (1542)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 64° to 49°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.02" (1000) to 29.91" (1714)

At midnight obs - PCloudy, temperature 60.2°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 29.98" and rising, relative humidity 92%, dew point of 58°.

Current observations at 0322 EDT - PCloudy, temperature 61.1° (RS - 66.4°), winds Calm, barometric pressure at 29.99" and steady, relative humidity 93%, dew point 59°.

Radar is showing showers scattered through much of central VA, moving NE towards our area. But the big rainmaker is spinning as an upper level LOW in the Great Lakes region, circulation strong, with rain moving into Indiana now from Illinois and Wisconsin, along with much of Michigan at this time. That will be moving into our region and stalling out for a few days, giving us a wet rest of the week.

Sunrise: 0702 (EDT) Sunset 1857 (EDT) Moonphase: Waning Crescent

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Wednesday, September 28, 2016

•  

Wednesday was cloudy, cool with occasional mostly light showers during most of the day. A flood watch is still in effect through Friday morning. We stayed in the 60s all day while dew point temps ranged from the upper 50s to mid 60s. Temperatures early this Thursday morning around 2:00 AM are in the mid 60s with dew points also in the mid 60s under cloudy/drizzly/lightly raining skies. Minimum temperatures look to maybe drop into the low 60s at most under continued cloudy/showery skies till sunrise a few hours along with dew point temperatures holding in the low-mid 60s. Continued mostly cloudy Thursday through Friday morning with a 100 POP likelihood for widespread showers and possibly some thunderstorms with heavy rain at times, highs in the upper 60s to around 70°, lows in the low-mid 60s. Friday night should still be mostly cloudy with lows in the in the low 60s and a 70 POP for showers likely. Mostly cloudy on Saturday, highs in the mid 70s with a 50 POP for more showers, probably lighter and more scattered/occasional as we begin the month of October. Mostly cloudy Saturday night with lows in the lower 60s and still a 50 POP for showers, then finally on Sunday and Monday mostly sunny with highs in the mid 70s, lows around 60°. A wet exit to what has been a mostly quite dry September!

Wednesday precipitation: 0.27" (LR) 0.08" (VP2 - must be partially clogged once again)
September total precipitation: 1.28"
2016 YTD precipitation: 32.50"

High temp 67.1° (2117)
Low temp 60.2° (0000)
Obs temp 64.9°
Peak wind gust 14 NE (2309) 
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 97% (1904) to a low of 84% (1106)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 66° to 58°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.08" (2339) to 29.98" (0043)

At midnight obs - Cloudy/drizzle, temperature 64.9°, Winds 10 NE, Pressure at 30.06" and falling, relative humidity 96%, dew point of 64°.

Current observations at 0229 EDT - Cloudy/light rain/drizzle, temperature 66.0° (RS - 72.1°), winds 14 NE, barometric pressure at 30.06" and steady, relative humidity 97%, dew point 65°.

Radar is showing widespread rain with embedded thundershowers over the entire Mid-Atlantic Region including the states of Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Virginia with overlapping states of New Jersey and North Carolina also affected. Movement appears to be north to northeast up from the south.

Sunrise: 0703 (EDT) Sunset 1855 (EDT) Moonphase: New Moon

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Thursday, September 29, 2016

•  

Thursday was cloudy, cool with mostly early AM rain between about 0200-0700 with occas light rain/drizzle/mist/fog at other times. A flood watch is no longer in effect. We stayed in the 60s all day with only a 2° spread (66°-64°) for most of the day until we cooled off to 62° late in the evening while dew point temps ranged from the low-mid 60s. Temperatures early this Friday morning around 2:00 AM are in the low 60s with dew points around 60° under cloudy/drizzly/occasionally lightly raining skies. Minimum temperatures look to maybe drop to around 60° under continued cloudy/occasionally showery/drizzly (90 POP) skies till sunrise in a few hours along with dew point temperatures holding around 60°. Continued mostly cloudy Friday with a continued 90 POP likelihood for widespread showers/drizzle, highs in the mid 60s. Friday night should still be mostly cloudy with lows in the in the low 60s and a 90 POP for likely showers. Mostly cloudy on Saturday morning then partly cloudy in the afternoon, highs in the low 70s with a 70 POP for more showers/drizzle, more likely in the morning with more scattered activity in the afternoon as we begin the month of October. Mostly cloudy Saturday night with lows in the lower 60s but hopefully an end to the rain, then finally on Sunday and Monday mostly sunny with highs in the mid 70s, lows around 60°. Today's total rainfall of 1.54" was only about half of the amount that fell exactly one year ago when 2.99" fell. And on September 30, 2010, a whopping 5.20" of rain fell - so records won't probably be occurring out of this year's wet end to the month.

Wednesday precipitation: 1.54" (LR) 1.07" (VP2 - must be partially clogged once again)
September total precipitation: 2.82"
2016 YTD precipitation: 34.04"

High temp 66.1° (1301)
Low temp 61.5° (2350)
Obs temp 61.5°
Peak wind gust 19 NE (0529 - occurring right around the time of heaviest rainfall rates for the day) 
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 98% (0329) to a low of 96% (0000)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 66° to 61°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.20" (2125) to 30.04" (0300)

At midnight obs - Cloudy/drizzle, temperature 61.5°, Winds 7 E, Pressure at 30.19" and falling, relative humidity 97%, dew point of 61°.

Current observations at 0227 EDT - Cloudy/drizzle, temperature 60.7° (RS - 69.3°), winds 8 E, barometric pressure at 30.17" and falling, relative humidity 97%, dew point 60°.

Radar is showing widespread rain scattered heavily in places across the entire Mid-Atlantic Region including the states of Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Virginia with overlapping states of New Jersey and Ohio also affected. Movement appears to be southeast to northwest.

Sunrise: 0704 (EDT) Sunset 1854 (EDT) Moonphase: New Moon

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Friday, September 30, 2016

•  

Friday was cloudy, cool once again with occasional light rain but mostly drizzle/mist all day. We stayed in the low 60s/upper 50s all day with a 4° spread (62°-58°) all day while dew point temps ranged similarly. Temperatures early this Saturday morning around 1:00 AM are in the low 60s with dew points around 60° under cloudy/drizzly/misty skies. Minimum temperatures look to maybe drop to around 60° under continued cloudy/occasionally showery/drizzly (70 POP) skies till sunrise in a few hours along with dew point temperatures holding around 60°. Mostly cloudy on Saturday with a 70 POP for more showers/drizzle, more likely in the morning with lessening chances in the afternoon as we begin the month of October. Mostly cloudy Saturday night with lows in the lower 60s and still a 20 POP for a shower but hopefully an end to the rain, then finally on Sunday and Monday mostly sunny with highs in the mid 70s, lows around 60°. We wound up with 2.90" of rain for the month of September, 1.30" below normal.

Friday precipitation: 0.08" (LR) 0.03" (VP2 - is partially clogged once again)
September total precipitation: 2.90"
2016 YTD precipitation: 34.12"

High temp 62.1° (1934)
Low temp 58.3° (0821)
Obs temp 61.4°
Peak wind gust 16 NE (2045) 
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 97% (0000) to a low of 93% (1037)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 61° to 57°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.22" (1035) to 30.14" (2044)

At midnight obs - Cloudy/drizzle, temperature 61.4°, Winds N 3, Pressure at 30.16" and steady, relative humidity 96%, dew point of 60°.

Current observations at 0114 EDT - Cloudy/drizzle, temperature 61.2° (RS - 71.2°), winds NE 10, barometric pressure at 30.16" and steady, relative humidity 97%, dew point 60°.

Radar is showing lighter rain activity, much more scattered over parts of the mid-Atlantic region, mostly western PA, the NE half of Ohio, northern VA, a bit of WV and also parts of southern New England.

Sunrise: 0705 (EDT) Sunset 1852 (EDT) Moonphase: New Moon

Archived